5228 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to list 3PAR disks on HP-UX 11.31

Ratheeshrpm
Occasional Visitor

How to list 3PAR disks on HP-UX 11.31

Hi,

Can some one tell me how to list 3PAR luns connected to HP-UX 11.31 machine? Is there a tool (like xpinfo for XP arrays and evainfo for eva arrays) for that? what is that tool and which utility has to be installed on server inorder to the tool functined?

Thanks,

Ratheesh

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Can you invoke commands on the 3PAR?

showhost

showvlun -a -host a-host-from-showhost

Ratheeshrpm
Occasional Visitor

I have tried showvlun but command was not available on unix machine. Is there any application we need to install on HPUX machine inorder to fuction the command showvlun ?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I have tried showvlun but command was not available on HP-UX machine.

This command is currently only available on Linux or Windows (also GUI) or over ssh to the array.

(As of 3.1.2, you can install the remote CLI client on HP-UX.)

See SSH on p 53 of HP 3PAR InForm OS 3.1.1 CLI Administrator's Manual:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02985998/c02985998.pdf

HP 3PAR InForm Software manuals:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportManual&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=5044394&docIndexId=1255

NicDeMuyer

Hi,

Currently no similar tool exists for 3PAR like xpinfo (local query disk).  I've been told by our HP support team that this should be released in the future, but I didn't get any verification on this matter.

The only way, like mentionned before, is to ssh into the box and query the disks for your defined host.

I think it should be possible to script this, and crossreference diskinfo and sorts with the disks'WWPN's.

(e.g. showvv -d | awk '{print $2 "\"$10}' )

:edit: just noticed that 'showvv -showcols Name,VV_WWN' does the same as above command without awk ;-)

g'luck,

Nic