HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748210 Members
4214 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to present the same 3PAR LUN to both local and remote site ?

roydba
Occasional Contributor

How to present the same 3PAR LUN to both local and remote site ?

Hi, 

We are planning to do Oracle Extended cluster between two separate datacenter. Distance between two datacenter is around 10KM. 

As you know that we need to share the same LUN to all database nodes for Oracle cluster. Would anyone please guide me the details network diagram about how can I present the same 3PAR LUN to all database nodes on both datacenter

Thanks, 

Pronob

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to present the same 3PAR VLUN to both local and remote site?

Typically you use Remote Copy and two arrays to share the VVs.

Otherwise you just use createhost and then another createvlun with that remote host.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: How to present the same 3PAR LUN to both local and remote site ?

If the same LUNs (not just a replicated volume or volumes), go to SPOCK - Single Point Of Connectivity Knowledge (https://www.hpe.com/Storage/Spock/) and get a copy of the SAN Design Guide.
You will need both of your SAN fibre-channel fabrics to connect to both datacenters. Then simply zone the LUN(s) to the desired hosts in both datacenters.

Given the distance, you may need special "long distance" SFPs between the switches to handle the distance. Also, the fiber switches may need special licenses for the long distance SFPs.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo