HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752608 Members
4266 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How to properly shutdown a StoreServ 7x00 that has been deinstalled after testing

How to properly shutdown a StoreServ 7x00 that has been deinstalled after testing

Hi folks,

ive did some testing with two StoreServ 7200 (ATF and PeerPersitence) and the systems were deinstalled to clean up the cpgs and chunklets.

After deinstallation the "console" user has no option to shutdoen the system.

All manuals i read refer to SP or ssh session for proper shutdown the system, but after deinstallation ive got no IP (no ssh and no Service Processor will work) and only serial cli.

Is it save to switch off the psu in this state or is there another possibility perhaps another user so i can shutdown the sys from serial console before powering it off?

Are there any problems wit the cache batteries without proper shutdown like the EVA and P6000 Systems?

Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: How to properly shutdown a StoreServ 7x00 that has been deinstalled after testing

Don't know about shutting down the 3PAR once it's "back in the box".

As far as the cache batteries, no problem. Unlike the EVA arrays, 3PAR cache batteries are to provide power long enough to copy cache memory to the controller node's local hard drive.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to properly shutdown a StoreServ 7x00 that has been deinstalled after testing

>only serial cli.

How about cli's "shutdownsys halt"?