HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748204 Members
4042 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to remove "Adaptive Flash Cache"?

Marc0
Advisor

How to remove "Adaptive Flash Cache" ?

After setting up some space with "createflashcache -sim" i wonder how one is supposed to remove this flashcache when  the simulation is done ... ?

7 REPLIES 7
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Have you tried: removeflashcache

Marc0
Advisor

Not yet, but that was my first thought also.

So, before i try a command, i look up the help, in this case

... cli% help remove

removedomain

removefsgroup

but no removeflashcache and that was when i came here.

This is somewhat strange because "help create" shows the createflashcache command.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Odd. Oh well, get the latest copy of the 3PAR CLI Reference Manual, # QL226-98067.

And the command is "removeflashcache". What version of HP 3PAR OS is your StoreServ array running?

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Marc0
Advisor

We updated just recently to 3.2.1MU2 because we plan to add some ssds as flashcache and wanted to simulate this before.

Also, when doing a "help create" the format of the "createflashcache" is somewhat out of line, its just the looks, i know, but this makes me think if the flashcache commands are really final and stable ...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>no removeflashcache and that was when I came here.

I'll file a bug on that.  showflashcache is also missing under "show".

>when doing a "help create" the format of the "createflashcache" is somewhat out of line

Yes, I think I saw that last week.

ShawnAlan

Re: How to remove "Adaptive Flash Cache" ?

It is my understanding, the space is not allocated in the simulaiton mode.  Nothing to recover.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: How to remove "Adaptive Flash Cache" ?

While there is nothing to recover, when you want to stop the Flash Cache simulator, you still need to "removeflashcache".

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo