New Discussion

Infosight for 3Par

SOLVED
Go to solution
Largechicken8
Occasional Contributor

Infosight for 3Par

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else has setup their 3Par for Infosight. I am getting no infrastructure results for my Vmware. Is this expected? Showing Empty.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
WileyThrasher
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Infosight for 3Par

The pre-requisites for the portal are simply: Any 3PAR system, under a current support contract (Foundation Care, or better), which is calling home regularly and reliably can be registered for standard visibility in the portal. Any system with Proactive Care (or better) can also optionally subscribe for email notifications. For Cross-stack Analytics for VMware, the systems must be running OS 3.3.1 and Service Processor 5.0.3, and using the RDA transport (not Axeda). The configuration steps for adding VMware integration via vCenter are in the SP 5.0 User Guide (See the HPE Storage Information Library). http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/storage/info-library/index.aspx

Once configured, and the telemetry is coming home, the system will shortly have an active "VMware details" in it's navigation page, allowing visibility of the vCenter provided details (VM performance if running on the 3PAR)

Wiley Thrasher
HPE InfoSight Champion
HPE Storage 3PAR PEAK Team
Ojai, California

The HP Way
A great corporate culture is a fabric of rules, experiences, myths and legends, relationships, and rituals as complex as any real family - and just as difficult to explain to any outsider. - Bill & Dave
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have SP 5.0.3 latest version installed, and also 3PAR OS 3.3.1... However I cannot find anywhere the option to enter the vcenter information, like mentioned in the SP user guide... Any idea how to proceed?

Kr,

Bart Heungens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
WileyThrasher
HPE Pro

Hi Bart!

I'm thinking there might be some issue with the loading of the update, had someone else that had to restart the SP service (reboot) before the new menus were visible.

Wiley Thrasher
HPE InfoSight Champion
Ojai, California

The HP Way
A great corporate culture is a fabric of rules, experiences, myths and legends, relationships, and rituals as complex as any real family - and just as difficult to explain to any outsider. - Bill & Dave
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

The trick is that for newly deployed SP's the communication mode is set to RDA, but previous versions upgraded to 5.0.3 are still on the 'old' setting SSA... You need to change this first to SSA under SP settings before you will see the option...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WileyThrasher
HPE Pro

Ah! That makes sense... we list the RDA requirement so many times it was not clear that we actually blocked visibilility in the UI until it was enabled (nice to know!). It's probably that the user that had mentioned this to me had enabled RDA before or just after the restart.

Wiley Thrasher
HPE InfoSight Champion
Ojai, California

The HP Way
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Indeed. Be aware that the SSA <> RDA setting is not visible when logged on with the default admin account... You will need to log on with hpepartner account... Can be enabled through admin account...

Todd Bowden
Valued Contributor

Im trying to connect in vCenter, and I have the SP at 5.03, and the communication is RDA, but Im getting some error message that says the System ID cannot be blank in VMware Integration Settings.3parSP_vcenter_issue.jpg3parSP_version.jpg3parSP_RDA.jpg

WileyThrasher
HPE Pro

I’d suggest using the InfoSight portal to ask the Portal Support team if you can’t make progress. Resources > HPE InfoSight Portal Support. (This would be the recommendation for all users, and any questions, issues, comments and feedback pertaining to the portal.

One possible issue is the underscore in the name, I recall seeing the release note mention this. Maybe just try IP addy?
Wiley Thrasher
HPE InfoSight Champion
Ojai, California

The HP Way
Todd Bowden
Valued Contributor

This doesnt seem to be an Infosight issue, but since someone posted the question in here about vCenter, I thought Id do the same.

Thank you,