4320 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Issue vSAN

KordyakIM
Occasional Visitor

Issue vSAN

Probably someone faced this problem.
I do not know how to describe in more detail, the array 3par and SAN switch sees active ports when the virtual machine is turned off. When the virtual machine state is enabled, the 3par array sees the additional ports active, in this state, the VM does not migrate. But there are times when the virtual machine is turned on, the ports on the SAN-factory are active and 3par sees links, but the disk does not arrive.
Where to look?

First info:

• 3par - 7400
  • blade 460c gen 9
  • Commutateur brocade - SN6000
  • Hyper-V
  • VM with vSAN
3 REPLIES 3
veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello KordyakIM

Could you more elaborate the issue?

What I understand fromt the first part is, even though  the VM is  OFF, the SAN switch sees some of its paths active. Is this correct? (And when the VM is  powered ON additional paths apper).

If this is the case, I think you need to check in the Vmware/vSAN forums.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
KordyakIM
Occasional Visitor

Hello veeyarvi 

Yes, excatly how you sayd.

Do you think that it issue in hyper visor level?

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello KordyakIM

Yes, I do believe this has to be looked from the host virtualisation/vsan point of view and understand their view on this.

The host ports are logging in to the switch (even though the vm is off) and thus the array also seeing them.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo