1751978 Members
4436 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lost connection of 10GB iscsi port for storeserv 8200

shang1983
Advisor

Lost connection of 10GB iscsi port for storeserv 8200

I've setup a storeserv 8200 with 4 10GB iscsi port connections last week. The switch is configured with access port for all the port in the storage. All my ESXi host able to detect the 4 target.

Recently i discover that all my ESXi host only detects 2 target, and i test ping from esxi host to both failed port and the result are request time out. I tried to ping from both failed port to the esxi host having the same request timed out result.

I have tried to change the fibre cable and checked the switch configuration for any changes made after the deployment.

Any diagnostic method to detect the cause of the connection failure?    

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Lost connection of 10GB iscsi port for storeserv 8200

Does "showhost" detect it can't see the hosts anymore?

shang1983
Advisor

Re: Lost connection of 10GB iscsi port for storeserv 8200

Still can detect the host. Is just that 3PAR has 4 iscsi port connected but only detects 2. I configured it last week and all the host able to ping and connected to the 4 iscsi port. The dynamic discovery also able to discover all 4 path connection.

Just this week, the hosts connected to 2 ports only. I ping test and found there's 2 ports not able to ping the IP. As i don't have extra transceiver, I tried changed fibre cable, change the transceiver to another switch port and switch transceiver with another device.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Lost connection of 10GB iscsi port for StoreServ 8200

>Still can detect the host. Is just that 3PAR has 4 iSCSI port connected but only detects 2. 

That's what I meant, detect the host on all 4 ports.

Any particular pattern to which ports are still good and which are bad?