HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1751897 Members
5263 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

No uninitialized storage system with the specified serial number could be found”

Masoud3258
Advisor

No uninitialized storage system with the specified serial number could be found”

3PAR storeserv 8440 os 3.2.2 612 mu4  Smart Start error “No uninitialized storage system with the specified serial number could be found It started out quite smoothly. The SmartStart program was able to initialize and configure my Service Processor VM from a set of form entries that any storage engineer should be able to handle with ease. Moving next to the initialization of the array, however, I ran into a little problem.I received the following error: “No uninitialized storage system with the specified serial number could be found.” I checked the serial number. It was actually pre-populated in the form correctly. I checked to see that the switch ports were on the correct VLAN. I plugged my laptop into the same cables that had been plugged into the 3PAR MGMT ports and verified connectivity to the SP (making sure that I was using an IP address on the same subnet).I don’t have another SP. I’m using the one I just configured. On a side note, I’d like to meet the storage engineer who has the task of deciding which SP to use for a second or third 3PAR…

please guide me,