5854 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Process for upgrading 3PAR from 3.2.2 to 3.3.1

Yaboto
Super Advisor

Process for upgrading 3PAR from 3.2.2 to 3.3.1

Hi,

Please take me through the process for updating HPE 3PAR 8200 from 3.2.2 to 3.3.1  (or to the latest if there is a newer version than 3.3.1).

Please from where to download the 3.3.1 or the latest version?

Best regards,

Yaboto 

1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Process for upgrading 3PAR from 3.2.2 to 3.3.1

It's quite complex. Both the StoreServ and the Service Processor have to be upgraded in steps. Go to https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/signin, log in with your HPE Passport account.
If you have not already done so, this is a Very Good Time to link support agreements, packaged support and warranties to your user ID, and share entitlement with other users.

Then contact HPE Support with your 3PAR serial number handy, and request a "3PAR Software Upgrade". The Global Deployment Services (GDS) team at HPE Support will work with you to check all your servers, SAN switches, if you have Remote Copy and if so, condition of target system(s).

Once everything is checked out and verified, they will work with you to upgrade your system to 3.3.1 with the recommended Mandatory Updates and patches.

Regards!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo