HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748252 Members
3818 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Remote Copy Compatibility and 3PAR OS?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Elle_2
Occasional Collector

Remote Copy Compatibility and 3PAR OS?

I believe I know the answer to this question, but I need to be 100% positive.  I've been poking around user guides, SPOCK, and compatibility matrixes (although there is reference to a Remote Copy maxtrix I cannot find it.) The point here is that I've looked for answers.  I really don't want to waste anyones time.   For two 3PAR's to replicate to one another do they need to be at the same 3PAR OS?  Logically, I'm thinking not, but it's a qualified "not."  As in, the SSMC used would need to support both OSs,  the OS that SSMC is installed on would need to be supportd (i.e version of VMWare), and that the Remote Copy features, max and mins would default to the lowest common denominator?  Perhaps even SSMC isn't an issue if you wanted to manage it all via the CLI, but realistically most customers' aren't going to do that.  What I really have in mind is 3.2.2 (MU6) ---RC--->3.3.1 (MU3).

TIA, 

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

What you are looking for is in the HPE 3PAR Operating System Upgrade Planning Guide in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Information Library (www.hpe.com/info/storage/docs)

Check the section on "3PAR Remote Copy guidelines". It shows various combinations of 3PAR OS Version and system hardware. Depending, you may have a "Fully supported state", or a "Transition state" combination; supported by Hewlett Packard Enterprise for a maximum of five weeks.

And as long as you are running a current version of SSMC, 3.3.1 or newer, management of both systems will be fine.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Elle_2
Occasional Collector

Sheldon,

Thanks for directing me to the correct documentation and jumping on this question so quickly.  Sorry,  I don't see your kudos thumb anywhere.

Much appreciated.

Lori