5283 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SLES and remote copy

Babeztar
Occasional Advisor

SLES and remote copy

Hi folks,

we want build a sles 12 cluster using a remote copy group for disaster failover.

We have two 7400 with the actual firmware.

Is this supported?

We are already in tests but testing a failover the I/O stops until the linux node reboots. After the reboot happens the linux node can use the volumes at the second site.

Any glue?

Regards

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Is this supported?

A quick check of SPOCK, and a search for the HP 3PAR SUSE Linux Enterprise Implementation Guide says "no".

Everything I see only shows support for 10 and 11.

:(

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Babeztar
Occasional Advisor

Hi there,

the linux team did some tests and installed two sles 11 SP3 hosts.

But there is still the same problem. The IO stops during a transparent failover.

Any glue?

Best regards

Thomas

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

I'm not sure that transparent failover is supported with anything other than VMware 5.x or Windows 2012. Check the www.hp.com/storage/spock website for further details.

What policies do you have set on the Remote Copy Group?

showrcopy groups

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Babeztar
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

the following options is configured:

auto_failover, path_management

For peer persistent you ´re right, it´s just ESX and Windows 2012 (R2) listed.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Check with HP Support.

setrcopygroup switchover may not be supported with anything besides VMware or Windows. :(

Accept or Kudo