5679 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SmartStart ISO?

Abstraction
Occasional Advisor

SmartStart ISO?

Preface:

I'm VMware engineer thrust into a storage admin role not by choice and getting ready to set up my first 3PAR 7200. I've been maintaining a couple put into production before my time in this position, so I'm gaining familiarity with the equipment but this is not my normal lane (area of expertise).

Question:

Is the SmartStart CD for setting up a 3PAR 7000 series available as an ISO download? I'm in an environment where I cannot bring in physical media due to security restrictions. If I'm going to use a CD, it has to be an ISO mounted on a VM. Or is SmartStart not even what I should be using? It looks like the smart start mostly just links to web based wizards from the SP that I could just go directly to.  There is a lot of old and conflicting information out there across 3PARs acquisition by HP and HP's website split, so accurate current info is hard to find.

Also in all the setup documentation that I've found, it covers setting up an IP in the SP by going through that wizzard.  Then it goes into the storagesystem setup Wizzard stating that the SP and storage system should all be on the same subnet without explaining how you configure the IP of the storagesystem (it only describes how to set the IP of the SP).  I haven't had much luck finding information on how to configure the management IP address of the actual 7200 storagesystem.  This is all static IPs with no DHCP.  Also the SP is physical.

Thanks for the help.

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Configure array IP

> on the same subnet without explaining how you configure the IP of the storagesystem.  I haven't had much luck finding info on how to configure the management IP address of the actual 7200 storagesystem.

If on the same subnet, the SP magically knows now to find the array.  :-)