3821 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The volume was updated with an unmanaged storage pool

MBLVS
Occasional Contributor

The volume was updated with an unmanaged storage pool

Hello,

This is a new one for me. I have been creating new CPG's to clean out some storage and make things more organized.

Upon moving one VV, specifically tunning it to a new CPG, this error appeared and reported from OneView, I have never seen this before nor can i find details onit. The VV appears fine with no errors being reported.

Resource 	VVName

Critical 	The volume was updated with an unmanaged storage pool AO_Policy. VVName 
	Resolution Move the volume back to NL_r6 or any other managed storage pool. 
тАв	Alert details

OneView more details:

Health category Storage
Event details

clearPriorEvents 
True

coreCategory 
VolumeAttachmentVolumeCritical

correctiveAction 
Examine the storage volume and resolve any alerts that are associated with it.

true

resourceName 
esxi Host

resourceUri 
/rest/server-profiles/65c1fef4-d1a2-4722-8318-7904e042a3c4
2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

This is a feature of OneView:
"After installation, the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter collects information about the VMware environment and the HPE storage systems configured in the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter." --HPE OneView for VMware vCenter User Guide

Inside HPE OneView for VMware vCenter for Storage, it registers and caches selected CPGs (aka "storage pools") for use within vCenter. 

To change the permissions to the storage pools, see "Modifying a storage system" in the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter User Guide:
Procedure
1. Select one of the storage systems configured in HPE OneView for VMware vCenter.
2. From the Actions menu, click Edit.
3. Provide the credentials and click Connect.
4. Change the permissions to the storage pools, if you need to by following step 7 in Adding Storage System.
5. From the Actions menu, click Refresh.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

sanj_s
HPE Pro

Hello Mr, MBLVS,

We need to check the behavior you are talking about with the logs. I would request to log a HPE support case so that we can look at it and provide the solution for the same.

Regards,

I am an hpe employee

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo