HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752808 Members
5969 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Upgrading VMware Tools and VM Hardware version on the virtual Service Processor?

gparker
Advisor

Upgrading VMware Tools and VM Hardware version on the virtual Service Processor?

Hi, my client is using VSP version 4.3.0 to monitor their 3PAR 7200. The VSP was originally hosted on an ESX 4.1 host but was recently vMotioned onto an ESXi 5.5 host and the vSphere Client is reporting that its VMware Tools is out-of-date. Do I need to upgrade its VMware Tools and if so, can I do it via VMware Update Manager?

Regards,

George.

2 REPLIES 2
dutchy
Visitor

Re: Upgrading VMware Tools and VM Hardware version on the virtual Service Processor?

George,

I also have a SP reporting VM Tools out of date. I was told by the installer never to upgrade vmtools on the SP unless advised by 3Par support.

I would like to have a upgraded plan in place for vmtools on the SP as update manager compliance reports suffer due to this one VM being out of date.

Cheers

Chris

gparker
Advisor

Thanks Dutchy. You and I must be on the same wavelength as this is one of the compliance reporting is one of the main reasons for me posting my query :)

Regards,

George.