HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748169 Members
4190 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Which backup software can be used when choose "through tape" as RC initial replication

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

Which backup software can be used when choose "through tape" as RC initial replication method

Dear expert:

We are deploying 3PAR Remote copy via RCIP.

Because the initial capacity of all RC group is very huge and the throughout is very limit, so we want use tape to transfer the data to the DR site 3PAR array.

My question are:

Q1.Which block based backup software could be used when choose "through tape" as Remote Copy initial replication method?

Q2::DP ZDB is OK?

Thanks!

How time flies~~~
2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Which backup software can be used when choose "through tape" as RC initial replication

Any block based backup software, as long as a server at the primary can write the backup medium, and another at the secondary can read it.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

Could you please list one or two this kind of backup software name? Thanks!

How time flies~~~