1752780 Members
6708 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Workload segmentation

pranavaswarupa

Workload segmentation

Hello there,

I am trying to understand the storage requirements of some of the common workloads in terms of their maximum burst IOPS/GB and maximum sustained throughput/GB. I plan to use this data to choose a storage system either on-premise or on-cloud that could meet these peak performance requirements. The workload types I am interested in are OLTP databases, NoSQL, BigData Analytics, High performance computing, media streaming, backup/archive and departmental file shares. Could someone share  their knowledge on what the general ballparks around IOPS/GB and throughput/GB for these use cases are. OR if you could point me to resources that can give me this information, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Re: Workload segmentation

Hello Pranavaswarupa

I'm afraid if some one can provide the details of all those workloads. The better option is contact a consultant with the specific application and storage requirement and he might be able to help with the details.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo