HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1751914 Members
5560 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

admitpd Error: The system is not licensed for sufficient disks to admit these disks

hieudd
Occasional Visitor

admitpd Error: The system is not licensed for sufficient disks to admit these disks

We have a 3par storserv 7200 with 40 physical disks that runs normally for around 6 years. Recently, one of disks was failed and we bought a replacement. When I replaced the disk, the system didn't rebuild automatically so that I had to "dismisspd" then "admithw" the new disk. But the "admithw" command failed with message: "admitpd Error: The system is not licensed for sufficient disks to admit these disks". When I checked the license with command "showlicense", the system shown as below:

StoreServ7200-01 cli% showlicense
License key was generated on Mon May 20 15:04:39 2013

System is licensed for 8 disks.

License features currently enabled:
InForm Suite                       
Thin Copy Reclamation

I wonder that why a storage with 40 disks can run normally in 6 years with only 8 disks license. Or are there somethings wrong with the license of our storage? Did anyone suffer the same issue, and do you know how to resolve it?

In addition, this storage is too old and we've been out of support contract.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Paul28
HPE Pro

Re: admitpd Error: The system is not licensed for sufficient disks to admit these disks

Hello Hieudd, 

License cap is at 48 disks which also means that you need to accquire licenses until you have 48 disks. 

Also, for support on licensing email :  licensing.ams@hpe.com  ( Regardless of your location ) 

I'm an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Jpalma2001
Advisor

Re: admitpd Error: The system is not licensed for sufficient disks to admit these disks

Hi hieudd,

According to PAUL, you should try using the "admitpd" command, which allows you to add new disks. you just have to write the command without parameters,

this will look for new disks in storage.

cli% help admitpd

admitpd - Admit one or more physical disks (PDs) to enable their use.

You could send the result of the command.

regards

qingchuan
Occasional Advisor

hey man , do you fixed this problem? I have same problem now , could you help me?  

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @qingchuan,

Can you please provide more details of the issue you are facing? Also I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button for the issue.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo