4819 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

how to delete a file store in 3par file persona

dennischen
Advisor

how to delete a file store in 3par file persona

Hi

IHAC met a problem when they delete the fstore. They delete all the fshare, and still cannot delete the fstore. I check the file persona user guide. Seems that all the files and folders must be empty. SO how can I empty the file store... Thanks

You must prepare the File Stores for deletion before removing them. To prepare File Stores for
deletion:
1. Remove all snapshots.
2. Remove all files and folders from the File Store, from the share of the root of the File Store.
3. Remove all shares.

SS20800 cli%  removefstore  NFS1 test
select q=quit y=yes n=no: y
Deletion did not complete because File store NFS1/NFS1/test is not empty.  Please clean up user files and repeat the operation.
SS20800 cli% removefstore -f NFS1 test
Deletion did not complete because File store NFS1/NFS1/test is not empty.  Please clean up user files and repeat the operation.
SS20800 cli% showfshare
No file shares listed

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: how to delete a file store in 3PAR file persona

Looks like you need to talk to Support to see what's left in the filestore.

What does showfs and "showversion -b" show?

blim

Re: how to delete a file store in 3par file persona

Create a share on the File Store and leave the Subdirectory field blank. This will create a share at the root of the File Store. When you navigate to this share you will see what needs to be deleted.

I've had issues with permissions on the directories I wanted to delete. To fix this I create shares pointing to the directory to be deleted and used the setfshare command to grant myself permissions to delete.