New Discussion юеВ

remote 3PAR CLI Soft syntax

SOLVED
Go to solution
bronxtoles
Occasional Visitor

remote 3PAR CLI Soft syntax

SHello,

Does anyone know the syntax to launch cli commands installed with HP 3PAR CLI software?

I know -sys ip_3par but need option for user and password.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: remote 3PAR CLI Soft syntax

Depends on what you are trying to do.

If enter commands interactively, it will prompt you for a valid username and password. Alternatively, you can use an SSH terminal, for example, PuTTY, and not have to be concerned with keeping the CLI software current with respect to the 3PAR array.

If you want to run commands in a batch job, look at the HP 3PAR Command Line Interface AdministratorтАЩs Manual.

You will need to create a password file using the "setpassword -saveonly" CLI command. That asks for the system, username and password, and creates a file with the username and password encrypted. Once created, either add the "-pwf" option to each command or define an environment variable, TPDPWFILE, which points at the password file.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: remote 3PAR CLI syntax

>You will need to create a password file using the "setpassword -saveonly" CLI command.

If you manage multiple systems and want to use that same password file you'll need to follow the info in this post:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-3PAR-StoreServ-Storage/How-do-I-use-HP-3PAR-cli-commands/m-p/5544273#M186

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: remote 3PAR CLI syntax

>need to create a password file using the "setpassword -saveonly" CLI command. 

This is now deprecated in 3.2.1 MU2.  You should use the ssh access in the future.