New Discussion

which one is BEST ? All flash array

chindi
Respected Contributor

EMC or IBM or Pure Storage ??

does HP have anything like all flash ?? 

We are having IOPS requirement of 30k , will any of above All flash help us in reducing our batch operations .

Setup :

HPUX11iv3 rx2800i4 (  Qty 6 )

Oracle 11g  ( Total instances 60 )

Cobol

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: which one is BEST ? All flash array

Hi

Take 3PAR StoreServe All Flash Array

excelent.

Regards

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/data-storage/3parstoreserv.html

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

@chindi Sorry to have missed your question with the Christmas break. 

As @giladzzz mentioned, HP 3PAR has all-flash. There are a number of choices.  The 3PAR StoreServ 7450 is the high-end of our all-flash products.  A maxed out system can get 900,000 IOPS at under .7 ms.  With your requirements of 30,000 IOPS, you might want to consider (depending on your capacity requirements) the 7200 all-flash starter kit. It starts at $35,000. 

Here's a blog post about the 7200 all-flash starter kit

Not knowing the details of your requirements, you might also consider mixing flash and hard disk drives (HDD).  The great news for customers is that with 3PAR, we really do have you covered:

• Scale from mid-range to tier-1
  • Use all-flash, all HDD, or hybrid. There's even adaptive flash cache (to extend cache as an approach to improve performance)
  • It's all with a single architecture, using one OS, one management and the legendary ease of use of HP 3PAR.
  • Oh, and did I mention that we just added our new File Persona to 3PAR giving you native block, file, and object storage in a unified system.

I have a video series I do called HP Storage ChalkTalk - I did one that gives a high-level overview of the 3PAR portfolio. This is a good starting point if you don't know 3PAR or weren't aware of all the innovations to the portfolio over the last year.

I'm always thrilled to answer questions. And if you aren't already working with someone that can help, feel free to reach out to me and I'll be happy to help with that.

chindi
Respected Contributor

Hi LSW ,

We are exploring HP 7440 and 7400 and 7200 options lets c.

Can i create cpg's with drive sizes ???  Is it recommendable ?

Say we have two disks 600 & 900 GB  , with count of 100 and 50 drives .

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: which one is BEST? All flash array

>Can I create CPGs with drive sizes?

What do you mean?  You could create them with different PD types/speed but not sizes, since everything is put into a fixed sized chunklets.

>Say we have two disks 600 & 900 GB

What does showpd show for each of these?

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

@chindi wrote:

Hi LSW ,

We are exploring HP 7440 and 7400 and 7200 options lets c.

Can i create cpg's with drive sizes ???  Is it recommendable ?

Say we have two disks 600 & 900 GB  , with count of 100 and 50 drives .

If you think that file access is in your future, the c makes a ton more sense.  Both the 7440 and 7400 scale to four nodes.  The difference between them is the 7440c has a beefier controller (more powerful CPU, more memory).  It will have better performance than the 7400 but we're talking 900,000 IOPS with the 7400 max IOPS about 50% of that.  I think going with the 7200 is a budget tradeoff.  It's also a great option but if I had the budget, I'd go with the 7440 or 7400.

As to your question about CPGs, even if you could, you wouldn't want to create a CPG the size of a drive.  A blogger I know with deep technical knowledge about 3PAR has a couple of blog posts giving a really good technical overview of some core 3PAR concepts. 

Hope that helps provide some clarity. Let me know if you have more questions.

Small thing, I'm Calvin Zito (HPStorageGuy here on the EBC) - LSW is my status.