4613 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Re: 3par 8200 Mgnt ports unaccessible even CLI

yassir2
Advisor

3par 8200 Mgnt ports unaccessible even CLI

Hi Experts,

regarding the above subject while installation asked for new ip's once i did it looks like restarting ports or an overlapping or something happen and i failed till now to access Mgnt. ports on two nodes even CLI once asked to enter the ID & password was un able to type even one letter.

your help is highly appreciated...

9 REPLIES 9
veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hi Yassir

Could you check a few points?

1. Ensure that the management IP used for the array is not in use already by any other device.
2. Both the management ports (from both nodes) are connected to the network with healthy physical links
3. If you can access the array using SP, try to see the status of the network (shownet etc.) or even try to change the active network master node (setnet changenode <node id>)

4. Try connecting only one netwrok cable (disconnect fromt the second node)

5. Check the switch logs and confirm there are no errors in the connected links.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If you set a wrong IP address during setup, probably your only choice is to connect serial to the 3PAR and correct this setting.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
yassir2
Advisor

Thanks for your reply

kindly check the attached photo may it will give you more on this case, now the major problem i tried to connect through SP many time and i failed to login( i can't type the username & password) from many different PC.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Looks like the OOTB procedure has not finished yet.

Consider to reboot your 3PAR, if the issue remains, contact 3PAR support.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello Yassir,

As I see the photos,

1. The shownet shows
"Number of nodes=1"   >> Node 0 not seen. Is the other node up and a cable connected to the MGMT port of the same?
and also
"status" = inactive  >>> Network configuration not active

2. Other one (when you try to change the IP) shows "The admin volume needs to be available to chnage the network configuration".

Did you try 'admithw' and see whether the same is working now?

Are we sure the OOTB completed successfully? If you can, try an OOTB again (I understand this is a new array) with all correct settings (like IP address).

If still issue persists I recommend to log a case with the support since we need more detailed analysis.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Looks like sysmgr is waiting.  What does "showsysmgr -d" show?

Does 169.254.60.60 work?  Why did you try changing it?

yassir2
Advisor

thanks you all,

regarding the volume admin how can i deal with it to change to default IP, photo on attached shows the error , kindly help to step this.

yassir2
Advisor

i tried 'admithw' as your request and shows the system amnager still initializing 

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello Yassir,

It appears the sysmgr not yet started and probably it is down or the OOTB is incomplete. 

Did you try restarting the same (after ensuring all hardware (both nodes, PDs etc. are in good shape)?

If the issue persists, please contact support since we might need a detailed troubleshooting.

I am an HPE Employee.
Accept or Kudo