New Discussion

3par remote rcopy questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
dennischen
Advisor

3par remote rcopy questions

Hi,

I Have some questions about 3par remote copy. Thanks for any advise!

Q1, I found two options after the setrcopygroup command. "-nostart" and "-nosync". What is the exact difference between the two options?  Assume it is peer persistence configuration, can I use the "-nostart" in setrcopygroup switchover, if I do not want the group automatic start after the role is reversed? 

Q2, what is the "sync remote copy group" doing in IMC. What is the corresponding option in the setrcopygroup cli?

捕获.JPG

1 REPLY 1
N_JK
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 3par remote rcopy questions

Hi Dennischen,

In setrcopygroup the options -nostart will not start the group, hence it will not sync after a role reversal commands like recover.

However the -nosync it will not sync to the remote site, instead it will start the group and acknowledge the group as synced, hence it should be used with caution.

the -nosync options comes handy with admitrcopyvv when you would like to skip the initial fullsync .

And -nostart option cannot be used with switchover, as it will report as an unsupported option.

The "Sync Remote Copy Group" is to manually synchronize the Remote copy group, and the respective CLI command is syncrcopy.

Thanks and Regards,

N_JK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo