New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change On-The Fly Storage Policy

SOLVED
Go to solution
paymanzox
Advisor

Change On-The Fly Storage Policy

Hello everyone,

We Implemented Shared Storage Base On VVOL .we Went all Step By recommandation. Eventually,We finally got to test it. when we change vm Storage policy (for Example Gold to Silver)  vmware shown the error. than vm need feataure and haven't it feature and task failed

VASA Version 3.0

vmware vsphere 6.7

this is our Log

"FINAL FAILURE updateStorageProfileForVirtualVolume, error (NOT_SUPPORTED / Not supported / ) VP..."

6 REPLIES 6
N_JK
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi There,

Please refer the below 3PAR - ESX Implementation guide,

Please refer page 115,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03290624&lang=en-us&cc=us

Support for dynamic optimization, allowing a vSphere administrator to change a VM (or individualVVol's) device settings or volume type by applying a different storage policy through the vSphere UI.Device settings can be changed for base VVols or VVol snapshots using the CPG and snapshot CPGcapabilities. And volume types can be changed, including thin/thick space efficiency, deduplication andcompression. Thick volumes may not be assigned the deduplication or compression capabilities. Otherdata services, including zero-detect, replication. Adaptive Flash Cache, and SCM caching may also bedynamically updated.

This feature will be available from 3.3.1 MU4 version only.

Thanks and Regards,

N_JK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

paymanzox
Advisor

hello Dear 

We have  Update 3par os to Mu2 all patch installed ,But we cannot see any release about Mu4 !!!

Also we downloaded all of Mu3 patch but 3par os Say None off them compatible,do you Know how we can dowload Mu4 T05?

Thank you 

N_JK
HPE Pro

Hi There,

3.3.1 MU4 is not released yet. This is the reason currently its reporting as not supported.

This feature will be introduced in 3.3.1 MU4 which is yet to be released.

Thanks and Regards,

N_JK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

paymanzox
Advisor

Not being updated MU3 is also due to not being released?

According to my experience, without this feature the flexibility would be very low.

Thank you very much for your response

N_JK
HPE Pro

Hi There,

3.3.1 MU3 is already released, however the support for changing the storage policy will be available from 3.3.1 MU4 onwards, which will be released in near future.

Thanks and Regards,

N_JK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

paymanzox
Advisor

Yes, i Know that released and I have All  Mu3 patch ,But my question is why  cannot update to MU3 .I try for all patch and all of them not None were compatible.

Thank you