108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changing 3PAR IP and VASA

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sanja1
Frequent Advisor

Changing 3PAR IP and VASA

I tried changing 3par IP but in process seems that got stuck and my vmware vvols got disconected.
all machines were working properly. VASA was offline. I aborted process from VSP and now everything is working OK.

Still have to change array IP. whats with VASA... should I genere another cert from 3PAR with new IP and add it to vcenter or?? I generated vasa cert in 3par and added its url with array IP in vcenter.

4 REPLIES 4
Trickster
HPE Pro

Re: Changing 3PAR IP and VASA

Hi Sanja1.

What version of 3PAR OS and VMware is in use here please?

Is DNS setup and is the 3PAR configured to use it?

What method did you originally use to change the 3PAR IP please?

Did you log a support call with HPE?

Recreating the VASA Provider certificate will disrupt any active VASA connections between vSphere and the VASA provider on the array. Once a new certificate for the VASA provider has been created, the VASA provider must be re-registered with vSphere. Creating a new VASA provider certificate should only be done during a scheduled maintenance window, before the certificate expires. During the certificate update process, no VM management operations (such as VM creation, cloning, migration, snapshot. etc.) can be performed.

See the HPE 3PAR VMware ESX/ESXi Implementation Guide for more info.

I am an HPE employee. #IWork4HPE. The opinions expressed above are my personal opinions and not those of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

Sanja1
Frequent Advisor

3PAR OS 3.3.1.648 (MU5) and VMware 6.7

DNS is not configured. VASA was added in vmware with url containing array IP (IP/vasa).

I changed array ip...than changed gatway following hpe document procedure. I've got two IPs. One changing and one unverified. VVOL on vmware got disconected. and VASA was offline.

HPE opend case. Got mail that thay can't connect.

StorageMike
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

Are you able to access the array via the new IP using SSH? Have you completed the update using setnet finish?

You'll need to do the above from thew new ip

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Sanja1
Frequent Advisor

I was not able to finish update using setnet finish.
So I'll change array IP and generate new VASA and add it to vcenter.
Thank you