New Discussion

Disk enclosure Numbering

SOLVED
Go to solution
paymanzox
Advisor

Disk enclosure Numbering

Hello everyone .
I have questions about numbering rules  8440, with 9 DisK enclosure. I install Node and Encloser according to guidline  but my problem is same Number in front Disk shelf that Display 01 .

This is not my first installation experience,
In the previous series, the numbering was shown sequentially in front of the shelves

I'm glad to help you solve this problem

3 REPLIES 3
Paul28
HPE Pro

Re: Disk enclosure Numbering

Hello  paymanzox

Did you try to set the number manually  ?  If you press and hold the button on the panel it will go in to edit mode and then you may set the correct enclosure number and press it once to set it. 

Have a great day.
Please give a Kudos if my answer helped you resolve the issue.

I'm an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

paymanzox
Advisor

hi 

Yes, I did it, but I was not sure if this was right. I could not find a documentary about this

Paul28
HPE Pro
Solution

Disk enclosure numbering on the panel is to represent the actual system cage numbering. Hence the best is to Identify the cages with the 'showcage' and 'locatecage' commands and set enclosure numbers accordingly. 

Note :  Enclosures can get number assigned which are not in sequence. And this makes no difference with respect to the normal operation. 

Command : locatecage -t  <value> <cage name> 

The locatecage command allows system administrators to locate a drive cage, drive magazine,
fan, power supply, I/O card, or port in the system using the devices' locate LEDs.

options :   –t <sec>
Specifies the number of seconds to blink the LEDs. For 3PAR 7000 and 3PAR 8000 storage
systems, the default time to blink the LEDs is 15 minutes with a maximum time of one hour. For
3PAR 20000 system, the default time to blink the LEDs is 1 hour with a maximum time of 7 days.
For all other systems, the default time to blink the LEDs is 60 seconds with a maximum time of
255 seconds.

Also, for your reference here's the link from HPE :

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_kc-0123171&withFrame

Have a great day !
Please give a Kudos if my answer helped you resolve the issue.

I'm an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo