108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Move cpg copy with remote copy group

Pazzoide1976
Frequent Advisor

Move cpg copy with remote copy group

Hello everyone,
I have a question.
Is it possible to change the cpg copy group in a virtual volume within a remote copy group?
I'll explain myself better.
Currently my virtual volumes, which are part of several remote copy groups, point to nl disks for copy cpg.
I bought fc discs and want to move the cpg copy group to these discs.
It's possible?

Thank you

Greetings

6 REPLIES 6
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Move cpg copy with remote copy group

Sure. Edit each volume and change the copy CPG. If you have several volumes, making "setvv" commands with the -snp_cpg option in your favorite text editor may be faster and easier. From the command line, use "help setvv" to see details. Or the 3PAR CLI Reference manual.

Regardless, the next time snapshots are created, they will use the new CPG.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Pazzoide1976
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply.
Do I have to stop the remote copy group before making the change?

Thank you

Greetings

Pazzoide1976
Frequent Advisor

Excuse me Sheldon,
I posted the same question here too https://3parug.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3215
A user replayed me like this:
With periodic the correct way is to stop replication, remove the volume from the RC group, run freespace -f <vvname> in CLI, edit the copy space on the volume(s), reconfigure replication and resync the entire volume.
So I just have to change the copy cpg or do I have to do the procedure illustrated by that user?

Thank you

Greetings

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Just changing the CPG, no.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

@ Pazzoide1976, I see you did not have Dynamic Optimization. In that case, extra effort is required.

To all, as long as the copy CPG is just being used by snapshots, then all that is needed is to edit the volumes' Copy CPG. The CPG is used with all future allocations, such as the next snapshot. Existing snapshots will not change.

The "showvvcpg" command will show what CPGs are used, and how much are used. 

Accept or Kudo

Pazzoide1976
Frequent Advisor

Excuse my ignorance Sheldon,

so I didn't understand if I have to change only the cpg copy or I have to stop replication, remove the volume from the RC group, run freespace -f <vvname> in CLI, edit the copy space on the volume(s), reconfigure replication and resync the entire volume.