Advancing Life & Work
1748201 Members
3084 Online
108759 Solutions
New Article
sgraye

HPE’s Cheri Wesinger named to CRN Magazine’s Power 100

HPE20180604023 - Copy.jpg

When CRN announced their list of the Power 100 as part of their special Women of the Channel 2018 issue, everyone was thrilled. Six HPE women had been included. But I, for one, was not surprised – especially when I saw that Cheri Wesinger’s name was one of our six winners.

Cheri is currently Director of North America Channels Marketing. However, her long track record of success in helping HPE partners of both the channel and alliance type definitely qualified her for this award many times over. So this award was absolutely well-earned and well-justified.

What have you done for me lately?

The Power 100 was awarded based on recent performance factors, So, I’ll stick with those in discussing Cheri’s winning ways.

Cheri Wesinger, Director of Channel Marketing at Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCheri Wesinger, Director of Channel Marketing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Cheri is, without a doubt, a marketing guru. She knows what works and what doesn’t. What to emphasize and what to avoid. When to rely on the tested and when to try something completely new. As a result, she has been extremely successful in accelerating demand generation across the HPE portfolio including services, compute, networking, cloud and converged systems.

Her ability to drive the marketing strategy and execution to, through and with HPE's partners has developed strong partnerships that amplify our joint marketing in key industry segments. Over the past year, Cheri has worked closely with stakeholders to expand HPE's presence on CRN.com. Leveraging the powerful partner network, she helped create the CRN HPE Zone that is now a staple for HPE in the US, and exceeding benchmarks.

She also put her Partner Marketing Expertise to excellent use drive double-digit growth in North America for a Digital marketing network of 100+ partners. Her spirit of marketing innovation was obvious in activities like sales enablement appointment setting and customer nurturing blitz days, both of which resulted in immediate customer appointments and rave reviews from our partners. Cheri also works hard to mentor and coach members of her marketing and sales team, as well as anyone else who reaches out to her to learn more about what really works in Channel Marketing.

Here goals for the future are to continue to deliver marketing excellence to, through and with our partners. Cheri also wants to accelerate demand generation, plus grow the HPE footprint in accounts through innovation and Partner First marketing programs

On a more personal note

The CRN award also took into account candidate responses to a range of questions of a more personal nature. With Cheri’s permission, I am including her answers here verbatim, since they provide excellent insight into what makes her so successful.

Q.  Outside of your family, please name a woman you admire and why?

A. As the former editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair and The New Yorker, Tina Brown resurrected fledgling publications and transformed them into media powerhouses. Always evolving, she launched The Daily Beast and Talk Magazine and then went on to found Women in the World where she created a platform for global women to share experiences and have their voices heard on a global scale

Q.  What advice would you give your 16-year-old self?

A.  I would insist that I follow this list of my “Lucky 7” things to do:

1. Don't follow the crowd. YOU were born to lead.
  2. Study Abroad - you will experience diversity, see the world, and bring new perspectives on culture that drives the willingness to learn.
  3. Be humble - but take the spotlight when you can
  4. Don't sell yourself short
  5. Count your blessings
  6. Be aggressively polite
  7. Push yourself beyond your comfort zone. You will always regret not taking a chance

Q.  If you could master any new job-related skill, what would it be and why?

A. I would become Multilingual, because knowing multiple languages provides multiple perspectives and addresses the needs of the growing multilingual customer base.

Q. What's the best book you read this past year and why did you like it?

A.  “Creative Quest.” It speaks to how talent meets opportunity and to trust your intuition and your own creativity sometimes without much advanced preparation

Cheri also mentioned that she has climbed a mountain, written a song, and has always wanted to be a teacher. All of that is obvious in her proven ability to overcome the tallest obstacles, have people sing her praises, and show everyone exactly what it takes to be a success, 

Congratulations on your Power 100 award, Cheri, from all of us at the North American Channel organization and HPE.

About the Author:

Terry Richardson, VP of North American Channels and AlliancesTerry Richardson, VP of North American Channels and Alliances

Terry is Vice President of North America Channels and Alliances.  He is a 31-year industry veteran and has been with HPE since January 2010.   In this role he is responsible for accelerating indirect contribution and driving the overall channel strategy to improve partner performance, satisfaction, and engagement across all business units.  He is also responsible for distributors, OEMs, system integrators and strategic alliance partners.  Prior to joining Hewlett Packard, he held executive management positions at EMC Corporation, Data General and SEPATON, Inc. Terry graduated from Boston College’s Carroll School of Management with a BS degree in Computer Science and Marketing and lives in Hopkinton, Massachusetts.

Stay connected with Terry on LinkedIn to keep up to date on everything around HPE Channles and Alliances and if interested in exploring careers at HPE, visit https://careers.hpe.com/ 

Susan Graye
0 Kudos
About the Author

sgraye

Talent Acquisition and Attraction