SarahA

Meet HPE Mastermind, Ken Beck with VectorUSA

Ken BeckKen BeckName: Ken Beck

Employer: VectorUSA

Title/Role: Solutions Architecture

LinkedIn Profile:  Ken Beck

Certifications: 

How did you get started? 

Early on in my career, I was cross-training with the telecom group on something called VoIP.  We went to Boston for 3Com NBX training. It all progressed from there. I honed in on my troubleshooting skills because VoIP needs a solid network to run on.”

What is your favorite HPE technology? 

I always love breaking the latest and greatest HPE product so I can learn how it works.  I’d have to say HPE Aruba ClearPass is my new favorite solution because it can do almost anything. When implemented correctly it’s an invisible WiFi security guard that makes it easier for users to get connected and stay connected.”

Any interesting customer stories you would like to share? 

A large Ports and Logistics customer was having client location issues in a large outdoor yard that utilizes a real-time GPS server running multicast over the Aruba wireless network. Taking a holistic approach by learning how the application communicates, we were able to simplify the protocol flow thus narrowing down potential failure points. Through various CLI commands on the HPE Aruba controller and multiple sniffer traces we pinpointed the issue and fixed it.”

What are the benefits of being a Master ASE?

Due to my certifications, VectorUSA gained the highest HPE Partner specialization and allows us to respond to bigger and better RFPs. I’ve been able to help customers by designing higher level solutions and streamline troubleshooting efforts providing minimal downtime to their networks.”

Any tips for those interested in HPE certifications? 

“Start today. Get motivated and stay motivated. Do this by picking your favorite technology and stick with it until you are the expert.”

As an HPE Master ASE or Aruba Expert, you will be recognized as having reached the pinnacle in HPE Certifications. Customers will rely on you to bring rich technical skills to design and implement their most complex solutions. You’ll also see personal and business rewards while being able to network and share with one of the most exclusive teams in the industry.

0 Kudos
About the Author

SarahA

I’ve been in marketing in high-tech for 20+ years.