- Integrated Systems
- About Us
- Integrated Systems
- About Us
Turn your aging DDN GRIDScalers into cash while avoiding the risk of switching file systems
Is your simulation and AI data stranded in DDN GRIDScaler system that are end-of-life since last year? Are you nervous about a high-risk data migration from your current file system (IBM Spectrum Scale) to the open source file system (Lustre) that DDN is proposing? You should be. But there is good news!
This is the most cost-effective way for current DDN GRIDScaler users to keep their data in IBM Spectrum Scale while upgrading from Version 4 to Version 5 of IBM Spectrum Scale in Erasure Code Edition that runs on cost-effective HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Plus rack servers.
There’s even better news: The HPE Accelerated Migration offering from HPE Financial Services turns your EOL DDN GRIDScalers into cash. So you can create investment capacity while paying a flexible monthly fee until the end of useful production life when you switch over to your new IBM Spectrum Scale-based parallel storage infrastructure from HPE
Any worries about risky data migration from IBM Spectrum Scale to Lustre are eliminated. Because with our approach, both the source and the target file system are IBM Spectrum Scale, enabling risk-free and transparent data movement with the native AFM (Active File Management) functionality of IBM Spectrum Scale.
Sustainability is built into our offer as HPE Financial Services applies Asset Upcycling once you return your DDN GRIDScalers after successful migration. In fact, more than 90% of the technology product and materials returned to our Technology Renewal Centers are reused in some way.1
The benefits of exploring our approach are many
- Retire your EOL DDN GRIDScalers in a sustainable and secure manner, and extract value for new investments
- Remove risk from the data migration by keeping your data in IBM Spectrum Scale
- Choose the most-effective way to consume IBM Spectrum Scale-based storage on cost-effective x86 rack servers
It’s easy to get started by determining the residual value of your aging DDN GRIDScalers
You just need to collect the following data:
- Model of installed DDN GRIDScaler systems (for example, GS12K, GS14K, GS18K, GS7990 etc.)
- Details of installed storage drives (manufacturer, product number, drive size)
- Remaining usage term (expected timeframe for assets to be retired/refreshed)
With that information, HPE Financial Services can return an offer to you within a few days. Contact your HPE representative now to learn more!
For additional information, checkout:
- Infographic: The history of the leading parallel file systems
- White paper: Spend less on HPC/AI storage and more on CPU/GPU compute
- Web content: New HPC storage for a new HPC era
1HPE Financial Services Technology Renewal Center information
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Uli leads the product marketing function for high performance computing (HPC) storage. He joined HPE in January 2020 as part of the Cray acquisition. Prior to Cray, Uli held leadership roles in marketing, sales enablement, and sales at Seagate, Brocade Communications, and IBM.