All About the Apps
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2 myths that might be preventing you from upgrading to UFT 11.5

citizencrane

"The ability to create actions, just like you can in GUI tests" .. I always thought of calling other Service Test Scripts as using Actions from Service Test as calling other actions.

Is this something else?

Corey Bailey
Principal Consultant
Citizencrane Solutions
www.citizencrane.com
0 Kudos
About the Author

citizencrane

Comments
NaveenKumar N

Thanks for the clarification

Anonymous_User1

You're welcome, Naveen.  I'm glad this helped!

citizencrane

"The ability to create actions, just like you can in GUI tests" .. I always thought of calling other Service Test Scripts as using Actions from Service Test as calling other actions.

Is this something else?

Anonymous_User1

Hi, citizencrane.  Yes, it's a new feature with UFT 11.5.  You can now create actions within an API test (aka Service test script).  Although in practice calling an API action is the same as calling an API test, the main advantage that this offers is that you can store and maintain multiple API actions in a single API test - just as you can with GUI tests (aka QTP scripts).  This means you only have to manage a single test, which contains multiple (usually related) actions, in ALM/QC or on your local drive, instead of having to maintain a separate test for each action.

uftHelp

Nice post, we are already using UFT in our organization and it is very intutive, also new features like MDI , Insight has helped us a lot.

Thanks!

www.uftHelp.com

Anonymous_User1

Thanks, uftHelp.  I'm glad to hear you're finding the new features useful!

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more