All About the Apps
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 5 types of regression software testing to try today

Robert Parsley

Regression testing is very important when testing features that have not been modified themselves, but interact with other features or functionalities that have been implemented or modified in the application.

Also, regression testing should be especially performed on areas that are known to be frequently used and verified by the client or users.

0 Kudos
About the Author

Robert Parsley

Comments
DanielM

Very good article Sarah

I think that regression testing is very important in the quality assurance environment and not including this to your development progress could make a big impact on the final product. 

The biggest problem I see with regression is that most of the companies do not have dedicated teams per project. The QA team is assigned to 3-4 project and this is why they don't invest time in regression testing.

Another wrong thinking is to let  only the developers to test their fixes. For my personal experience, developers test their fixes but most of them are using a single set of data or the correct set of data that will make his fix to work. But when a tester starts to verify the fix, he can find several issues with the fix that the developer verified and marked as working because the tester had some other types of data or steps in mind when he started to verify the fix.

Sometimes a tester has a different thinking that a developer and this type of thinking makes a difference. 

Another usefully type of testing is testing after release (aka post release testing).From my experience with post release testing, this helped us to identify and clear some ugly bugs that could create a bad impression to the customer. With post release testing the QA team managed to find issues caused by the fixes.

Robert Parsley

Regression testing is very important when testing features that have not been modified themselves, but interact with other features or functionalities that have been implemented or modified in the application.

Also, regression testing should be especially performed on areas that are known to be frequently used and verified by the client or users.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more