All About the Apps
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting apps out the door with proper testing

‎06-18-2014 10:25 AM - edited ‎09-09-2015 10:11 AM

Last week hundreds of people attended the HP Discover event in Las Vegas. The conference was a huge success and I want to share some of the events of the week with you. Today I invite you to watch a video that was created on the first day. 

On the first day of the event, HP’s Genefa Murphy, was interviewed by Andy McCaskey. In this interview Genefa shares her thoughts regarding how enterprises need to optimize for quality, security and scale in mobile apps, all while ensuring the quality of the user mobile experience.

She touches on how some companies are in such a rush to get their mobility strategy together. Genefa also discusses the common trend of getting their first app out the door to remain competitive; that they end up comprising on quality and not testing properly.

Some key areas covered in this interview are:

• The user experience…think users first!
  • Mobile application lifecycle
  • Testing of applications and how they perform under different network conditions
  • How HP looks at enterprise mobility without compromise

I don’t want to give away everything, so please take a break and listen to Genefa Murphy, as she provides some very interesting insights about mobile apps.

Here are some recent blogs that touch on the insights of mobile apps to help you dig deeper:

1. Enterprise Mobility: I want it all with no compromise

2. You say you want a (UX) Revolution!

3. Mobility Leadership – keys to success from mobility experts

0 Kudos
About the Author

Rick_Barron

Rick Barron is a Program Manager for various aspects of the PM team and HPSW UX/UI team; and working on UX projects associated with HP.com. He has worked in high tech for 20+ years working in roles involving web design, usability studies, and mobile marketing. Rick has held roles at Motorola Mobility, Symantec and Sun Microsystems.

Events
Each Month in 2016
Software Expert Days - 2016
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more
Sep 30
Seattle, WA
OpenStack Days Seattle
OpenStack Days Seattle, September 30, is the largest gathering of OpenStack users and prospective users in the Pacific Northwest region.
Read more