All About the Apps
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New HP UFT Best Practices Document: "Cross-Browser Functional Testing Best Practices"

Anonymous_User1

Thanks Aarush.  The actual check for the functionality depends on the web application, and needs to be written accordingly.  It's not really possible to provide a generic check for functionality.  The document provides tips for writing generic, portable tests that account for differences between browsers, which you can then apply to writing tests for your specific use cases and user stories.

About the Author

Anonymous_User1

Comments
fingold

Nice article, yet I would add that when testing for cross-browser you should also check for different OS versions.

Same i.e version behave differently on different  OS (winXP,Win7, Win8…) and same for Firefox (with other OS available as well).

Also of course I will add different locals to this. since language effect fonts, page margins, size of elements etc… but this is less important than the OS. Different OS sometimes mean different DOM and JavaScript engines, so issues may appear.

Anonymous_User1

Hi fingold,

These are excellent points.  Thanks for sharing!

Aarush

Thanks, for sharing this article.

Very well written and of great help to increase knowledge in Cross Browser functionality.

My question is that don't we check the Functinality behavior in this.

Anonymous_User1

Thanks Aarush.  The actual check for the functionality depends on the web application, and needs to be written accordingly.  It's not really possible to provide a generic check for functionality.  The document provides tips for writing generic, portable tests that account for differences between browsers, which you can then apply to writing tests for your specific use cases and user stories.

Naveen_KumarN

Thanks! So, we can write only code to test across all the browsers in UFT. Correct me, if I am wrong. 

Thanks!

NaveenKumar N

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more