All About the Apps
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UFT 12: Staying in step with Application Lifecycle Management 12

wjm8914

Can't wait to use it!

BUT: our standard PC is running Windows 7 with IE 8.

We're upgrading to IE 10 in May then IE 11 later this year.

Any problems running UFT 12 with this setup?

I don't expect us to upgrade to Windows 8.X anytime soon.  

About the Author

wjm8914

Comments
wjm8914

Can't wait to use it!

BUT: our standard PC is running Windows 7 with IE 8.

We're upgrading to IE 10 in May then IE 11 later this year.

Any problems running UFT 12 with this setup?

I don't expect us to upgrade to Windows 8.X anytime soon.  

i12

I have experienced many problems with UFT 12.  I have Windows 7, IE 10/ the sample applications do not work (win or web.) Object recognition does not work. A few of the popup windows are short and do not display the full buttons. I am thinking that maybe I installed the application incorrectly. I have a 30-day trial version. If I uninstall the application and reinstall a new app will I still have my remaining trail days?

Michael-Deady

I would run a repair first; However, to answer  your question yes you should have the remaining time left, if you have a sales representative, I would recommend contacting them and ask for a 30-day  extension. If you don't know your sales representative, please call "1-877-686-9637" or go to "HP Sales"

Thanks

@wh4tsup_Doc

frank benckerjr

We are on 11.5 of uft but want to go to 12.0 , is it in fact comapatable with IE11

Dragheim

How can I redefine the short cuts in UFT12?

I'm using Hungarian keyboard and I'm not able to use & { } (and some other) caracters.

I didn't find any option in the IDE. Is there any file maybe where this configuration is set?

Thanx,

Laszlo

Michael-Deady

Laszlo,

First of all, thank for your question, I'm attempting to find answer to your question; I was wondering if you could give me little more detail, are you simply attempting to map a few special charters or are liking for support around the Hungarian language?

köszönöm

@wh4tsup_doc

PaulReijling

It would be nice to see some worked out examples where REST API and/or WebServices are used together with GUI actions especially where data exchange is involved. I'm struggling with the clearly 2 different products (ST with scripting in C# and all kinds of pretty nice data linking between subsequent service requests and FT/QTP with scripting in VBScript and unclear data exchange possibilities) forcibly merged into one.

Michael-Deady

I Will be making Sample of my own Shortly but I found some on You tube for you right away

1. API testing with UFT
  2. API Testing Tutorial

3. HP UFT: How to Create a Web Service Test with HP API

4. Getting Started with API testing

In will have to wait until I get back into the office week from today to get you more info

Thanks

@Wh4tsup_doc

evicort1

what is the parameter to set the "Conditionally upload run results to ALM after a Run Session"??

Or is there any way to run the test on UFT (by itself) and the result not be uploaded on ALM 12?

DiannePhillips-GSA

Hello, Can you share the HP ALM UFT version 12 VPAT with me?  It is needed before GSA can upgrade to ver 12.

Thank you, Dianne

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more