Alliances
1748079 Members
5267 Online
108758 Solutions
New Article
EIC_Alliances

Avoiding the “What’s that shiny thing over there” syndrome at the Red Hat Summit

By Bernadina Mickey

As I do with all the industry events I attend, I will start out my plans for the Red Hat Summit with the best of intentions. But this time, I will also make a list of definite must-sees and must-attends for this June 27 – 30 event before I get to San Francisco.

If I rely on intentions alone, I get attracted by some shiny thing over there the minute I step onto the convention center floor. And I fall prey to the “if all of those people are standing around that one booth, something great must be happening there” syndrome. And I can’t resist the siren song (that’s the Star Wars theme, right?) of the theater presentation ahead.

My intentions crumble and I head back home with a too-long list of things I wanted to attend but never did. That’s where the list below comes in. If you’re going to the Summit and are easily distracted like me, feel free to use it as your must-see, must-do list as well.

If you’re going there, stop here first: Booth #801

sponsoring-summit.jpg

This is the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) booth and it’s important for three great reasons.

First, HPE is a Platinum sponsor for the event. That means we have a nice-sized booth with lots to see and do.

Second, Red Hat solutions are amazing by themselves. But they are even more impressive – and deliver even better results – when they are combined with HPE technologies and services. That’s when you really get the latest and greatest in cloud computing, virtualization, middleware, and systems management solutions. The HPE booth will feature demos that will show how HPE and Red Hat can help you:

• Achieve leading performance for their Big Data environments
  • Tackle mission-critical SAP HANA workloads
  • Lower the cost of Data Center Modernization
  • Simplify bare metal automation with HPE Composable Infrastructure (Ansible)

Third, the HPE booth is staffed by experts who can answer your questions, pull together resources, and point you in the right direction. If it has to do with making your IT better, talk with us. We’ll help make it happen.

More HPE to see and do

Here are a few other must-see items that can help you get the most from the Red Hat Summit:

• Attend the HPE-Sponsored Breakout Sessions:
    - HPE performance and consolidation tools for x86 mission critical applications: Session #88844, Wednesday, June 29 at 3:30 p.m., Room 3005
    - Big Data Analytics leadership showcasing Hadoop / HPE Vertica benchmarks; Session #88850. Thursday, June 30 at 10:15 a.m., Room 2018
  • Check out the Mainstage Keynote Session Featuring HPE's Randy Meyer: Thursday, June 30, 2:00 p.m. Randy will present “Is Your Mission Critical Data Center Ready for an ‘Always On’ World?”
  • Schedule a meeting with an HPE or Red Hat Executive - Take advantage of this opportunity to set up one-on-one time with HPE / Red Hat Executives and subject matter experts. Share your needs and learn how we can help. You can schedule your meeting at the HPE booth at the event.
  • Join the HPE / Red Hat Alliance team for a fun evening at Urban Putt. Enjoy conversation, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres while also experiencing a unique indoor golf experience. Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 7:30 – 10:00 p.m.; Urban Putt, 1096 Van Ness @ 22nd Street, San Francisco. Register now

3 vs. thousands
The Red Hat Summit lasts only three days and offers thousands of things to see and do. Making sure you see what HPE has to offer will go a long way to helping you get the most and the best from those three days. Get complete information on the event at the Red Hat Summit web site. Also, check out the HPE – Red Hat Alliance page for more information on the HPE – Red Hat alliance and the powerful joint solutions we offer

Hope to see you there.

Stay informed:
• Follow us @HPE_Alliances
• Join the Alliances LinkedIn Group
• Read the latest HPE Alliances Blogs
• Visit the Alliances and Partner Solutions web site

Bernadina Mickey is an HPE Global Software Partner Alliance Manager for two industry-leading, open source software partners: Red Hat and Cloudera. She is primarily responsible for managing strategic partner growth opportunities associated with new technology trends such as Big data, Hadoop, SaaS, IoT, and other Open Source Technologies. Bernadina has 20+ years of increasingly-responsible experience in marketing, including 17 years at HP/HPE. She lives in San Antonio, Texas.

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances

HPE Alliance Partners