Alliances
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG HP news at Day 1 of SAPPHIRE NOW/ASUG

EIC_Alliances

By Hans-Ulrich Schaller

In the blogs I wrote in the weeks leading up to SAPPHIRE NOW/ASUG 2015, I primarily emphasized the quality of the HP sessions that are being presented at the event.  Now that I am here in Orlando, I realize that there is just as much excitement happening outside of the planned sessions as there is inside. Just take a look at the major HP announcements that came out for Day 1 and you’ll see what I mean:

sapphire_now_orlando_2014_004_t-e-jpg900x598.jpgHot news item #1 - HP Introduces Enhancements to Its HP ConvergedSystem Portfolio for SAP HANA - HP announced updates to the HP ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA portfolio that will make it the fastest and most cost-effective path to value for SAP HANA and S/4HANA deployments. We also announced the availability of the HP ConvergedSystem 900 for SAP HANA, the only 16 socket system today that can support up to 12 terabytes of data in a scale up environment as well as the new HP Converged Storage plug-ins that help increase flexibility and reduce customer risk through a comprehensive data backup and recovery solution for environments running SAP S/4HANA. Read the HP Official Press Release

Hot news item #2 - HP and SAP Accelerate Journey to SAP® S/4HANA on HP Helion Managed Cloud –SAP and HP announced a new joint offering to help customers speed their transition to SAP® Business Suite 4 SAP HANA® (SAP S/4HANA) utilizing HP Helion.  This offering brings together both companies' global consulting and software expertise to rapidly provision SAP S/4HANA on HP Helion Managed Cloud, accelerating customer time to value, without disrupting mission-critical processes. In addition, HP will serve as a premier strategic provider of cloud infrastructure services for business-critical SAP applications in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. HP Official Press Release. The annoucement also appeared in the following publications: 

One of our key System Integrators, Deloitte, also announced the establishment a HP ConvergedSystem Lab environment for SAP HANA. This is a development that will directly benefit mutual custoemrs and prospects.  

One last item – Cloudera, one of HP”s ISV partners, made news of its own by announcing  support for Capgemini's new reference architecture for the SAP HANA® platform and Cloudera Enterprise, which offers enterprises a comprehensive framework to transform landscapes into next-generation data management and analytics platforms. By the way, Capgemini is also one of HP’s Systems Integrator partners.

It all goes to show that if there’s good news about SAP HANA, very often HP is the one making it.

More blogs. More great information about HP at SAPPHIRE NOW/ASUG 2015
These blogs provide in-depth information about specific HP sessions. Well worth checking out:

HP at SAPPHIRE NOW
Learn and network with peers and SAP experts. See the latest innovations to address your technology challenges and increase your productivity. Join discussion groups, watch demos, participate in microforum discussions and test drive the latest application technologies.When: May 5-7, 2015

Hans-Ulrich Schaller is the Global SAP Marketing lead in the HP Corporate Strategic Alliances team. This position is the latest in Hans-Ulrich’s 20-year global involvement with SAP. Throughout, he has demonstrated an impressive ability to make ideas happen, while creating outstanding and workable solutions for the global business-to-business marketplace. As a reference, he drove the global HP GTM for SAP HANA, making HP being first in the marketplace, while offering a globally consistent appliance experience. Hans-Ulrich holds a Master’s degree in Mathematics from the University of Tuebingen (Germany) and a Doctorate in Science from the same institution.

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances