Alliances
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empowering our partners to enable our customers

ken-adams

By Steven Fleischman

WPC 2015In a couple of days we’ll be in Orlando for Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference (July 12-16), or WPC as it’s affectionately known, and, boy, am I looking forward to it! As one of HP’s key alliance partners - and one of the two that I spend most of my waking hours thinking about – what Microsoft does has an impact on our business, and WPC is one of the main places where it all happens. That’s why HP is a Titanium sponsor for WPC 2015.

Putting partners first

WPC is all about the partners, but not just Microsoft partners. With over 29,000 joint HP/Microsoft partners around the world, WPC is just as much an HP partner conference as it is Microsoft’s. Together, we have the largest ecosystem of third-party service and solution providers with specializations and competencies to transform our joint solutions into solid business results for our customers. And our partners make it happen. At WPC we come together to celebrate our successes, forge lasting bonds, develop new opportunities, and plan for the success of our customers.

As Phil Sorgen, Microsoft’s Corporate VP of the Worldwide Partner Group, said in his blog following Day 1 of the 2014 WPC in Washington D.C.: "Putting partners first in our go-to-market strategy has always been key to our joint success". And that’s certainly true when you consider the level of innovation that HP and Microsoft bring to the market to enable our customers to take advantage of cloud and mobility to do more – faster.

Building on past success

As usual, I expect WPC 2015 to be the best ever. In 2014, over 16,000 attendees from over 140 countries came to hear about Microsoft’s vision for the future, and how Microsoft – together with its partner community – are providing solutions that increase productivity and enable growth. With “thriving in a mobile-first, cloud-first world” being the leading theme, partners were able to find out first-hand how to leverage partnerships to gain big wins, as highlighted by the many success stories on display. And the opportunity to meet HP and Microsoft execs allowed partners to not only understand what was available, but also how to use the tools and resources to make a difference to their own businesses.

This year’s WPC promises to be no different. With a key focus on the Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud in the enterprise, security will be one of the hot topics. This will give us at HP an opportunity to discuss some of our leading security products - such as HP TippingPoint and HP SecureData - with partners as they look for ways to make the cloud and mobility safe for their customers, especially in light of the data breaches that have recently been on the news.

In addition to the general sessions led by senior Microsoft executives and other thought leaders, the 447 sessions are divided up into four tracks: Engage, Innovate, Lead, and Transform. I’m especially looking forward to the Lead track, which identifies trends that partners need to be aware of, and how customers can leverage technology to achieve measureable business results. It’s also going to provide a lot of “how-to” info that I’m hoping can help me be more effective in the way I do things within the context of my job.

See you there

If you’re one of the over 29,000 joint HP/Microsoft partners out there, I’m looking forward to the opportunity of chatting to you and exploring opportunities for winning together. WPC is one of the best opportunities you’ll get this year to get the insights you need to gain the competitive edge for you and your customers, and the connections you need to make it happen.

See you in Orlando! Pop by the HP booth in the Expo area and find out how we can help you be successful.

And don’t forget to download the Microsoft WPC 2015 app that will help you get the most out of the event.

Follow me at @Fleishmantweet to stay up-to-date.

For more information on Microsoft WPC and to catch up on what happened, visit mspartner.microsoft.com and watch the keynote live at 8:45 am EST on July 13th.

Why WPC?

• The connections you need to generate future business.
  • The insights you want to get the competitive edge.
  • The partnerships that matter to deliver world-class customer results.

When: July 12-16, 2015

Where: Orange County Convention Center, Orlando Florida

Hashtag: #WPC15

Learn more at the WPC event site 

Steven Fleischman is a member of the HP Corporate Strategic Alliances team as a Microsoft and SAP Evangelist. He has been at HP for 10 years in various marketing, business development, and channel program roles working with Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP. Steven attended Syracuse University and St. John’s University and has a BS in Marketing with a focus on International Marketing.

0 Kudos
About the Author

ken-adams

I thoroughly enjoy writing about HP and the synergies with our Alliance Partners.