Alliances
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Er … um … I forgot

EIC_Alliances

by Greg Chabot

I was totally fed up with never being able to find my passport. I don’t use it all that often … maybe once or twice a year … so I typically put it someplace and then forget exactly where I put it. The search takes up quite a bit of time and involves a goodly amount of cursing. So last year, I decided to put it someplace special, so I’d never forget where it was. I know you saw this coming at least a sentence and a half ago, but here goes anyway: I need it for HP Discover Barcelona and have no idea where it is. In my defense, our living room is being redone, so nothing is where it should be. But, still…

The travails of me and my passport came to mind last week as I was checking out the sessions at Discover. The Discover Theater (DT 5951) one titled “Migrating to SAP HANA®? Don’t make the move without HP Storage” seemed particularly appropriate. Here’s why.  

SAP HANA® is one of the fastest growing in-memory analytics platforms in the industry. The reason for that growth is simple: SAP HANA has the ability to support the real-time decision making that really makes a difference in how an organization competes, wins, grows and thrives. SAP HANA is unequaled in being able to find and capture huge amounts of data and then deliver the most useful to decision-makers. In order to do that, it must rely on a storage solution that can both handle massive amounts of data and then make it easy to search and find exactly what is needed. That’s where HP Converged Storage comes in. These HP storage solutions fully support the performance, availability, and data protection needs of SAP HANA environments. There will be no long searching, continuous cursing, and sinking feelings that come with not being able to fins or access the right data.

HP Converged Storage also deliver the flexibility that allows organizations to choose between appliance-based, cost-optimized and purpose-built, service level-optimized storage solutions—from all-flash HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage arrays for highly reliable, Tier-1 storage to HP StoreOnce for best-in-class backup and recovery for SAP HANA.  

This Discover Theater session will  focus on how HP partner RI-Solution was able to help our mutual customer, BayWa AG, seamlessly integrate HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage into their SAP HANA tailored data center infrastructure and the performance that HP storage delivers for them. During this short presentation, you might just find out how HP and SAP can work for you. This session will be held on Wednesday, December 3 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Discover Theater 5.8, Hall 5

So you won’t forget, bookmark this link to the session description.

Complete information about HP Discover Barcelona 2014 is available on the event site. Check out the session catalog for other sessions on HP - SAP solutions by entering the word “SAP” in the “Find content” search field.  

Additional Resources

Social Media

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances