Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Alliances
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Barcelona, Hello London

jackie-lynch

Discover week came and went, and it was just a blur of excitement, celebration, partnerships and fabulous innovations.

On the main stage, I heard announcements from one business unit after another, promising greater agility, manageability and some, like the machine, shatters existing paradigms and holds the promise for us taming the incoming data explosion. Funnily enough, just as I got back, I read an article by HP CTO, Martin Fink, on what he thinks the top innovations for 2014 were, at HP, and a good many of the announcements from Discover Barcelona made the list.

Martin Fink’s Top 10 HP innovations of 2014

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

p10.jpg

From my partner Accenture’s perspective, the event was a rousing success. As a gold sponsor, more than 50 individuals from Accenture made the trek to Barcelona to join HP Discover.  They headlined 5 sessions, talking about joint solutions with HP that range from intelligent infrastructure to SAP HANA, Private Cloud, HAVEn analytics, security and Moonshot servers. On day 1 of Discover, the Accenture-HP alliance organized a customer luncheon to network and drive discussions around the New Style of IT. In addition to speaking in front of HP customers, Accenture also connected with key executives for HP and other ISVs through more than 35 meetings.

The highlight for Accenture was definitely the ConveredSystems track keynote. In speaking to Melissa Besse and Jim Fus from Accentuere, they had high praise for the session.

Jim Hayes, the Managing Director of the Ecosystem Alliances organization for Accenture was invited onstage to join Nariman Teymourian, SVP/GM-Global Converged Systems and Solutions to talk about the joint solutions we are bringing to market, such as SAP HANA Solution-as-a-Service and the success Accenture has been able to achieve in its own datacenter by leveraging HP ConvergedSystems.

As all good things have to come to an end, we leave Barcelona in a light drizzle, excited about what these new solutions will bring to our customers. And I know it’s still a year out, but I’m already looking forward to Discover 2015, in London. 

Additional Resources

Social Media

0 Kudos
About the Author

jackie-lynch

Alliance Marketing

Comments
Brittain

'hp' I always liked the brand. Personaly I use hp brand laptop. Its realy fast and smooth. I like your technic and design. Thank you for your productivity.
                       Thanks to authority