Alliances
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love it when a plan comes together.

ken-adams

By Steven Fleischman

ateam.jpg“I love it when a plan comes together!” Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith, played by George Peppard, regularly repeated that line in the 1980s action-adventure television series The A-Team. It’s always been one of the all-time favorite catch phrases on TV. And I’m not alone. In 2006 it was included in TV Land’s list of “The 100 Greatest TV Quotes and Catch Phrases.”

And it happened to me! Before HP Discover, I wrote the blog that I posted last week: Relationships. Do they work in the hi-tech industry? I discussed the relationship between HP and our operating system and application partners using the analogy of my dream ride: a powerful, well-designed car; the right, high-performance fuel; and a driver who knows how to get the best out of the package for the total experience. But my conundrum was: How do I take this to the next level?

Then at Discover, HP’s CEO, Meg Whitman, and her team expounded on the four transformation areas HP will focus on to help our partners and customers drive innovation and realize new possibilities. I just wanted to pump my fist and say: “Yea! This is where the rubber meets the road.”

Where the rubber meets the road

We live in a world of unrelenting, never-ending change. If your business isn’t built to take advantage of the opportunities that change presents, you might survive, but you won’t thrive.

This is underlined by what happened to the taxi industry in San Francisco. Uber, the app-powered car service, arrived in October 2012, and in less than two years the average monthly trips by traditional yellow taxis had plummeted by almost 65 percent!

But it’s not just Uber. Now you have Curb, Hailo, Lyft, RubyRide, Sidecar, Shuddle, Summon, Wundercar, and others that have joined the party. And not just in San Francisco either. Talk to cab drivers in Chicago, New York, Berlin, Frankfurt, London, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, and all of the other cities where regulations, high costs, and fixed pricing are strangling their ability to compete with the new kids on the block.

The problem? The cab industry needed to recognize the disruption and rapidly transform, but either couldn’t, or didn’t. And it wasn’t just about the legislation. The technology being used wasn’t agile enough to be aligned to the new style of business that caused the disruption.

The right tools for the job

And that’s why HP’s transformation vision is so timely. To have a great ride, you need to have all four wheels on the road. Three just won’t cut it. The wheels need to be perfectly balanced, and the tires chosen for the car and season, with the right pressure for the road conditions. Then, and only then, will you get the smooth ride you’re looking for. And if conditions change, you need to change tires or make pressure adjustments – fast. To do that, you need to have the right tools at your fingertips. That’s what HP is providing as the technology “vehicle” upon which your business runs.

HP’s vision for transformation

The four new transformation areas that HP will be focusing on is based on what our partners and customers say are the most important for their business:

1. Transform to a hybrid infrastructure to get better value out of your existing investments, and create and deliver new value quickly and continuously from all of your applications. This requires a new kind of hybrid infrastructure that maximizes both performance and cost across both traditional and cloud-native applications.
  2. Protect your digital enterprise by managing risk, reducing security threats, and implementing backup and recovery solutions that ensure that your business stays up and running.
  3. Empower the data-driven organization using low-cost, open-source solutions to generate real-time actionable insights derived from business, human, and machine data for faster, better decision making.
  4. Enable workplace productivity to help develop a rich digital and mobile experience anytime, anywhere, and with any device to customers, employees, and partners.

Welcome to YOUR ride

Together with our Alliance partners, HP is THE transformation partner you need to take advantage of the new style of business. We have the technology, software, expertise, and experience to bring together all of the elements aligned to your industry and your enterprise, to give you the smooth, balanced ride you’re looking for.

Why am I so confident? Because I know what HP is doing to help our partners grow their business and we can help ensure that your “plan comes together!”

If you’re attending Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in July, come experience the HP difference for yourself.

Look out for my next blog on how HP and SAP S/4HANA can help transform your business, and follow me at @Fleishmantweet to stay up-to-date.

For more information on HP Discover and to catch up on what happened, visit discover.hp.com/Discover and watch over 80 of the most popular sessions on demand.

Additional Resources

Social Media

Steven Fleischman is a member of the HP Corporate Strategic Alliances team as a Microsoft and SAP Evangelist. He has been at HP for 10 years in various marketing, business development, and channel program roles working with Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP. Steven attended Syracuse University and St. John’s University and has a BS in Marketing with a focus on International Marketing.

0 Kudos
About the Author

ken-adams

I thoroughly enjoy writing about HP and the synergies with our Alliance Partners.