Alliances
1748237 Members
3750 Online
108759 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
EIC_Alliances

Making a Big Splash in Barcelona

by Helen Tang

DockerCon came and went, and what a whirlwind it was! Due to the meteoric rise of Docker and container technologies in general, every single attendee, myself included, sort of felt like weโ€™re making history together. The excitement was palpable. In its 2.5 year existence as a company, Docker has already had 4 user conferences, 2 in Europe. Can you believe that? Talk about amazing growth.

DockerCon had a few themes this year:

• Empower the makers (developers/builders)
  • Docker in production
  • End to end matters
  • The power of AND

All of which matches perfectly with HPEโ€™s overall container strategy, that we outlined in the DockerCon announcement on Nov 16th. Let me quickly elaborate:

• Empower the makers โ€“ Helion Development Platform 2.0 is empowering Devs in a big way, enabling devs to build/test/deploy container based apps, and giving them the flexibility of bringing their own containers โ€“ deployed on prem, or in the cloud
  • Docker in production โ€“ this end to end set of solutions we announced is all about giving enterprises the confidence and security of pushing Docker apps into production โ€“ bringing scalability, reliability and a whole class of enterprises services that comes with the HPE solution for Docker
  • End to end matters โ€“ did I mention E2E? This announcement is all about a true end to end set of solution and tools, enabling Docker deployments, from physical to cloud
  • The power of AND โ€“ Docker and HPE are working together, HPE and our customers are aligning together, itโ€™s all about delivering real value and transformation to the business.

A quick run-down of the HPE presence at the event:

#1 โ€“ we made a major press announcement, as hereโ€™s the press coverage:

• ZDNet, VNunet, TechCrunch, Computer Business Review, InformationWeek, PCWorld and BetaNews report that Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced at DockerCon Europe a portfolio of new cloud, service, storage and software solutions designed for the Docker ecosystem.
  • 140+ articles covered the story, with headlines like:
    • HPE Embraces Docker; HPE puts a big bet on containers; Containers gets a big business boost from HPE
  • The Computer Business Review article titled โ€œDockerCon EU: 5 first day take-awaysโ€ lists HPE as take away #4
  • Watch a video interview of HPEโ€™s Omri Gazitt โ€“ VP of products and services for HPE Helion with eWeek.

#2 โ€“ we had an amazing booth, featuring a real container! Gotta say, the new HPE green looks awesome on a container, smiley.jpg

• As a platinum sponsor, HPE had a 20x20 booth in the best position possible at the event โ€“ our booth is the first thing anyone will see as they walk into the expo
  • The new branding, bold green color and innovative container attracted a lot of attention โ€“ many including the Docker alliance team mentioned โ€œHands-down, the best booth!โ€
  • We had a good amount of traffic, waiting on official tally from lead scans, but based on booth give-aways, there were approximately 400 visitors over the 2 days
  • A lot of interest and curiosity on day 1 โ€œWhatโ€™s HPE doing here?โ€ What are you guys doing with containersโ€ โ€“ most were pleasantly surprised that HPE is now in the container game โ€“ big time

docker1.jpg

#3 โ€“ We had a session:

• HPE Session - How are containers enabling the 20th Century Fox to release the next great movie?
  • We had a packed house โ€“ over 100 attendees and some good, interested questions โ€“ moving containers into production, at enterprise scale is a major topic of concern for a lot of Dockerโ€™s customers.

docker2.jpg

• Our speakers โ€“ Manav and Devon from Fox did a great job explaining the container journey at Fox and their decision to choose HPE

All in all, it was a great event, and it was a great way for HPE to make its presence known in the Container/Docker Universe โ€“ in a big way. Not to mention the whale of a good time that was had by all! I for one, canโ€™t wait for DockerCon 2016 in June, in my hometown no less, Seattle, smiley.jpg Nothing against Barcelona, but I promise weโ€™ll be serving better coffee.

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances

HPE Alliance Partners