Proposed mascot for Windows Server 2003 Migration: the White Rabbit

EIC_Alliances

by
Greg Chabot

“I'm late, I'm late for
A very important date.
No time to say hello, good-bye,
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late”

As end of support for Windows Server 2003 gets shorter, so does the time to migrate from this environment to Windows Server 2012 R2.  As of today, January 24, 2015, the July 14, 2015 End of Support deadline is less than five months away.

“Plenty of time,” some people might say.  But that’s not necessarily the case for two primary reasons:

1. A coherent, seamless migration FROM Windows Server 2003 is not an overnight process
  2. Migrating TO a new operating system opens up exciting opportunities to align the business with the New Style of IT.  For example, Windows Server 2012 R2 makes it possible to leverage virtualization, cloud, big data/analytics, mobility and other technologies that Windows Server 2003 could not support.  However, it’s important that all of the elements of the new environment be carefully chosen and implemented if organizations are to get the most from their new capabilities.  Again, that can’t be done overnight.

So companies who keep waiting might very well find themselves in the same situation as the White Rabbit in Disney’s Alice in Wonderland.  You remember.  He’s the one who keeps running at top speed, all the while singing the “I’m late …” song. That’s why I propose adopting him as the mascot for all Windows Server 2003 migration procrastinators. He is a bit … shall we say , uneasy - the perfect picture of what those who wait too long to start the migration process might feel like.  

For those who are not into mascots or “unease,” there’s another way to deal with Windows Server 2003 end of support. It’s called the HP | Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Migration Program. It's designed to help any organization large or small smoothly transition from Windows Server 2003– cost-effectively, quickly and with confidence. The program includes planning workshops, migration services, management, converged infrastructure and converged systems, plus flexible financing and asset disposal.  

You start with Windows Server 2003 and move to Windows Server 2012 R2 and all of its capabilities as quickly and easily as the Cheshire Cat fades into just a smile.  

No need to take the long and mind altering trip down the rabbit hole to Wonderland to find out more.  Go to the HP | Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Migration Program page.  And then take the time to relax.   

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances