Alliances
UrsRenggli

Take 5: 5 reasons why HPE is #1 for SAP HANA deployments, I mean

Guest blogger:  Chris Kinzler

HPE and SAP have been strategic alliance partners for 30 years. Imagine that. 30 years! That means we must be doing something – probably many things - right.

HPE_ELEMENT_1173717186_v1.jpgAs HPE the storage product management lead for the SAP HANA workload, the one major “right” thing I enjoy emphasizing when I speak with customers is why and how HPE is #1 for the SAP HANA workload. And that’s when everybody in the room starts to really pay attention.  And they keep paying attention because the 5 major reasons for our leadership in this space are factual, compelling, and speak directly to our customers and their requirements. 

Now, you can choose one of three ways of finding out exactly what those reasons are – depending on how you prefer to digest information. You can watch the two videos below or read this text format blog. All are great choices that will really underscore the great things a 30-year partnership can do

#1 Gartner- In “How to Select Your Optimal SAP HANA Systems Vendor”,  published mid 2019,  Gartner states that HPE has more SAP HANA deployments than the next three vendors combined. In other words, we are the clear experts in the SAP HANA space and should be leveraged as a trusted advisor for your SAP HANA deployment.  I mean, think of it. Do you really want to work with anyone less than the “customers’ choice?”

#2 SAP as a Service - HPE intends to have all of its capabilities available as a Service by 2022. But you don’t have to wait until then to have SAP  delivered as a Service through the HPE GreenLake platform. You’ll free up your capital and capacity and enjoy optimal efficiency …  on-premises, in cloud, or co-hosted.  The SAP GreenLlake practice is available now!

#3 SAP Advisory and Professional expertise - Our HPE Pointnext Services experts are at the core of HPE’s industry dominance in SAP deployments. HPE’s own digital transformation,  moving to SAP S/4HANA, is a prime example of a massive, enterprise scale “how to” moment. We learned extremely valuable best practices in the process and we are more than ready to share them with you.

#4 Mission Critical Hybrid Cloud Technology - As a leading vendor for total hybrid cloud solutions, HPE has the answer  - no matter what your hosting platform choice is for SAP.  Whether you are migrating your instances to the cloud, running instances in a co-location, or building on-premises solutions you will get superior results if your SAP workload is running on one of our award-winning compute platforms!

#5 Intelligent Storage  - HPE offers you a choice of 5 storage platforms that are SAP HANA Enterprise Storage TDI-certified. This allows you to select the one that best meets  whatever scale or price point you need.  Three of these platforms are integrated with HPE InfoSight, which will predict and prevent downtime of your SAP HANA environment, ultimately driving better business outcomes for you!

Staying on the storage topic, many customers ask me why they need storage for SAP HANA, which is an in-memory database  Watch the below video on why you need a world class storage array to host the data in your SAP HANA environment. 

If you need more information, I will be doing a session on Intelligent Storage for Mission Critical Applications at this year’s 2020 Virtual Discover.

Meet Around the Storage Block blogger Chris Kinzler, WW Technical Marketing Solutions Go-To-Market Manager. Chris has been in the storage industry for more than 15 years and has worked at HPE for two years. He manages bringing enablement programs to market based on workloads.. 

Urs Renggli
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/Renggli_Urs
linkedin.com/in/ursrenggli/
hpe.com/solutions

0 Kudos
About the Author

UrsRenggli

Urs Renggli is the Global Marketing Lead for the Microsoft and SAP Alliances, directing all aspects of HPE's global alliance marketing strategy and partner marketing. He is responsible for developing and implementing end-to-end sales and marketing Initiatives and programs. Urs has spent a number of years at both HPE and Microsoft and understands both the power and importance of this strategic alliance in terms of the solutions it delivers to customers.