Alliances
1752308 Members
5395 Online
108786 Solutions
New Article
EIC_Alliances

The return of the Kraken to SAP SAPPHIRE 2017

By Jeff Kyle

"It ran amok, terrifying entire populations, wreaking havoc on unsuspecting coastline … "kraken.jpg

Um, well, actually, that’s not the Kraken I’m talking about. The one I have in mind was much more benign, helping enterprises transform in-memory, real-time transactional and analytics capabilities from fantasy into reality.

If you think back to the 2013 or so time frame, you may remember that Project Kraken was a joint SAP – HP initiative that focused on SAP HANA, enabling customers to reduce the time required to rapidly transact, analyze and process large amounts of data within a single server.  A 12 TB test system based on HP server technology that was to become the Superdome X and optimized with the SAP HANA® in-memory database for the SAP® Business Suite, was demonstrated for the first time at SAP Sapphire NOW that very year.

I bring all that up because I was part of the team that developed and introduced that test system. 2013 was also the last time I attended SAPPPHIRE. This year, I am returning and looking to discuss the newest advances in HPE – SAP Co-Innovation with you.

Sapphire banner.jpg

A lot has changed since 2013. A lot hasn’t.
The challenges certainly haven’t changed. Many of you are still looking for the scalable, in-memory solution that will help you take your business to the next level.

The power of HPE – SAP Co-Innovation hasn’t changed. We still work in close partnership to develop, test, perfect, and bring “run live” to you.

What has changed are the boundaries that we have pushed and the obstacles we have overcome in the process of creating next-generation solutions.

It’s an ideal time for us to talk strategy, vision, and solutions. Stop by the HPE Booth #456 and ask for me. I’ll be staffing our Guru Bar and will be ready to discuss the next “Kraken” with you – the ideas and solutions coming out NOW from all the meetings we have held recently as part of HPE – SAP Co-Innovation.

Exciting? Definitely. Industry-leading? For sure. Yours? They can be. Stop by, and let’s chat.

More excitement in a theater near you
There’s another great way for you to discover the next wave of HPE´s visionary innovation for your journey towards a real-time enterprise at SAPPHIRE 2017. Just attend one of the sessions of our theater session titled: “HPE Visionary Innovations for the Real-time Enterprise of the Next Decade.”

The main session will be presented by HPE’s Randy Meyer on Tuesday, May 16 at 3:00 p.m. – 3:20 in SAP Theatre 4.

If you can’t make it then, I’ll be presenting sessions on the same topic at these dates and times at the HPE Booth:
• Tuesday, May 15. 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, May 16. 3:00 p.m.
• Thursday, May 17. 2:30 p.m.

I’ll be available before and after these sessions at the Guru Bar to answer questions and take the discussion to another level, if you’d like. Let’s see how we can put the next “Kraken” to work for you.

HPE – SAP innovation on display
HPE is an Onyx Sponsor at SAP SAPPHIRE 2017, which will be held from May 16-18, 2017. In addition to the Guru Bar, the HPE Booth #465 will feature 30 +Theater Presentations, demos and much more. Check out the HPE SAPPHIRE site for complete information.

I look forward to seeing you there. And check out the HPE – SAP Alliance web site if you want additional information on the powerful solutions we offer.

kyle_jeffrey_02_edit.jpgJeff Kyle is the Senior Director, WW Product Management for Mission Critical Solutions at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise. He is a 25-year technology industry veteran with experience in hardware and software engineering, customer sales and support, business planning and product management and marketing, including the last 16 years with HP and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise. Jeff leads the hardware and software product management and planning teams for the HPE Data Center Infrastructure Group focused on delivering the Mission Critical Solutions portfolio. He has delivered high availability software solutions on HP-UX and Integrity Servers, NonStop Solutions, Industry Standard Servers and led the development of scalable, mission critical x86 servers.

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances

HPE Alliance Partners