Alliances
1748051 Members
5111 Online
108757 Solutions
New Article
EIC_Alliances

There’s nothing like a great ending: Third Day of SAP Sapphire 2017

By Peter Koslowski

We all love a great ending – one that spontaneously elicits a standing ovation. Like a walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth. Or  he original performance of Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus.

I got my great ending yesterday at SAP SAPPHIRE 2017 for two major reasons.

First, and most important, HPE President and CEO, Meg Whitman spent the day with us at the conference. In addition to the conducting an Executive Track “chat” with Bill McDermott, Meg was at our booth, talking with customers and visibly showing just how important the SAP alliance is to HPE.

Sapphire banner.jpg

he second reason is another great announcement about a technology area that is of greatest interest to me: IoT. The announcement focused on SAP's Cloud Foundry within SAP Cloud Platform and its significance to the IoT strategy.

Starting bottom – up: SAP is offering a multi-cloud enterprise cloud platform with free choice of infrastructure. This will help SAP provide more “regional” SAP Cloud Platform data centers, closer to the customers’ assets supporting the co-location benefit. The PaaS layer includes now Cloud Foundry with a set of services including machine learning intelligence. The SaaS completes the platform on the top.

This PaaS+SaaS architecture will simplify deployment of SaaS and integrations of third-party business solutions, adding value in context of hybrid IT-landscapes with both on-prem and cloud systems. In addition Cloud Foundry will provide continuity for open-source and open standard based PaaS, for flexible multi-cloud deployment models and for BYOL programming models.

In summary, this provides a solid foundation in support of the IoT strategy with SAP Leonardo and Machine Learning.

koslowski.jpgI am leaving Orlando very enthusiastic about the upcoming days and months and looking forward to our joint SAP and HPE successes in IoT. I invite you to check out the HPE – SAP Alliance web site if you want additional information on the powerful solutions we offer.

Peter Koslowski, IoT executive and global alliance manager, heads strategic technology partnership programs with SAP spanning SAP HANA and SAP LEONARDO. He oversees co-innovation and leads go-to-market initiatives globally, with 25 years of experience combining Cloud, Big Data, Modern ERP platforms and Intelligent Edge, utilizing industry best practice methodologies including Agile and DevOps.

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances

HPE Alliance Partners