Alliances
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This cloud has a great silver lining: PwC wins PartnerOne Global Cloud Solution Partner of the Year

EIC_Alliances

pwc-poy-cloud.jpg

With a big smile, I boarded my flight for Las Vegas this week, anticipating the 70 degree warmth that we have been waiting for all winter long.  Sure, I’m a Dallas native so I can’t complain as much about winter like my Boston-based friends.  But the idea of warm weather and a week with thousands of my best HP partner friends put a skip in my step.  As the conference began, clouds quickly entered the forecast – in a great way that didn’t disappoint at all.

Winning in Cloud: A Use Case for Growth

On Monday, the very first day of the Conference, PwC was named HP PartnerOne Global Cloud Solution Partner of the Year. In case you may not have been aware, PwC is one of the world's largest professional services firms and a strategic HP alliance partner. They won the award for a cloud-based big data solution built on HP CloudSystem, ConvergedSystem and HAVEn.  Their solution, serving the healthcare industry, is a business-led, technology-enabled offering designed to solve challenges for an entire industry.  What makes this solution truly differentiated is the approach - offering business and IT innovation to solve an industry challenge via a solution that is “cloud-enabled” for delivery rather than “cloud-centric” as a technology.

Cloud-enabled Delivery vs. Cloud-centric Technology

HP and PwC are helping companies innovate, leveraging technologies such as the cloud, big data and security to evolve business models, change strategies and shift to a services-based culture.  Success here is not significant because of the technology selected; it is noteworthy for HP’s unique ability to provide a seamless technology foundation, leaving health providers to focus on data, analytics and outcomes.  By focusing on cloud-enabled delivery, rather than specific cloud technology, vendor offerings or implementation models, PwC can quickly implement a secure cloud foundation to enable rapid onboarding of providers to "get to the business issue at hand".

Two Realities

Awards are nice and feel good, but the reality of the solutions that they represent is far more meaningful.  Looking back at how cloud has evolved in the last year, and how partners like PwC are solving industry issues leveraging new service delivery platforms, two realities have emerged:

1. Our winners and their clients will continue to benefit from HP’s significant breadth and scope of solutions, and
  2. This year’s awards represent significant business value, but are just the beginning of some great things to come.

So while I started my trip smiling about the prospect of spring and warm weather, I’m now smiling with the prospects of an even better year for HP, our partners and our joint customers.  What a great time to be in the technology business.

NOTE:  PwC also won the Americas Partner of the Year award in recognition of the strategic value our alliance brings to our joint customers. Read the related blog now.

Additional Resources

Social Media

0 Kudos
About the Author

EIC_Alliances