Alliances
1752781 Members
6690 Online
108789 Solutions
New Article
UrsRenggli

We’re #1! We’re #1. We’re #1! In Microsoft Marketing, that is

Where’s the big foam hand?  The chants?  The t-shirts? The wa-hoo horns? The caps? This is as big as a world championship, isn’t it? 

Ok, so maybe not, but it’s still BIG … and we are very, very, proud. HPE was recently ranked first … numero uno … #1 among all Microsoft Partners for our digital marketing excellence. 

The rankings were announced in this year’s report from Fifty Five and Five, a full-stack digital marketing agency headquartered in London, UK.   

I am especially proud of this achievement since I launched a very focused social marketing initiative a few years ago that went way beyond the efforts that were in vogue at the time. I was certain that expanding what, where, and how we communicate, as well as making extensive use of HPE’s numerous and respected Microsoft experts in the social arena would make a significant, positive impact on the power of our messages to the marketplace. These results show that my approach was definitely on the mark.

fireworks 1.jpg

Running up the score

HPE scored particularly highly in terms of engagement – a welcome recognition of all our hard work in creating interesting, valuable content that grabs attention and keeps it. Our #1 ranking for social media shows the power of prioritizing audience engagement in this crucial arena. 

Chris Wright, founder and CEO of Fifty Five and Five, said: “We’ve come to expect a very strong performance from HPE, both in terms of the quality of their content and their harnessing of all the tools and channels available; from dedicated blogging to curating their popular social platforms and everything in between. I’d like to congratulate the team at HPE on another well-deserved triumph.” 

Fifty Five and Five also recognized the quality of the storytelling in our digital marketing. It’s an often-underrated aspect of business-to-business marketing, the importance of which many businesses are only now realizing. And it will only become more vital in the future. 

Right on target

Fifty Five and Five specializes in business-to-business technology clients, including many Microsoft Partners. Since 2014, the agency has ranked the digital marketing of Microsoft Partners around the world via a range of metrics, to produce their annual report. This year, the Top 50 took a new, online form, with their proprietary Maya platform delivering data-driven assessments and insights. 

Using a number of unique algorithms, the system is able to perform sophisticated analysis of content quality and engagement as well as search engine optimization (SEO) and a range of other factors. This means their results and our rankings are top flight for accuracy. 

One more goal

We’re delighted that HPE placed so highly this year and look forward to creating much more valuable content for our customers and partners. We are also constantly renewing our commitment to creating solutions with Microsoft that will help our joint customers achieve their business goals more quickly and confidently   After all, accolades and rankings are great. But customers are really the first, numero uno, #1 priority.     

The complete rankings are available here: Microsoft Partner Top 50. Also note that the rankings are automatically updated regularly, changing according to partners’ continuing marketing activities – so keep checking to see how we’re doing.

About the Author

UrsRenggli

Urs Renggli is the Global Marketing Lead for the Microsoft and SAP Alliances, directing all aspects of HPE's global alliance marketing strategy and partner marketing. He is responsible for developing and implementing end-to-end sales and marketing Initiatives and programs. Urs has spent a number of years at both HPE and Microsoft and understands both the power and importance of this strategic alliance in terms of the solutions it delivers to customers.