Alliances
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes SAP on HP different?

ken-adams

Visit HP Booth #140 at SAP TechEd 2015 next week and see for yourself!

By Steven Fleischman

I’m a bit late on this one, so I apologize. With SAP TechEd 2015 happening at the Venetian Palazzo Congress Center in Las Vegas from October 19-23, as a Platinum Sponsor we’ve been pretty busy here at HP.

The more I work with SAP the more I realize how symbiotic our relationship really is, and even more so this year when I have a look at what we’ll be showing you at the event. When you visit us at Booth #140 which is prominently located at the front of the Show Floor, you’ll be able to have a close look at how our solutions work together to transform your business into an agile, data driven enterprise built to drive growth. 

Last year, SAP’s Steve Lucas got up on stage and said: “We are a business applications company—there’s no need for SAP to apologize for that. We are first and foremost the best business applications company on the planet.” And HP is certainly not going to apologize for being the go to trusted partner for infrastructure, software, and services partner for “the best business applications company on the planet.” As I’ve said before, it’s like looking under the hood of a beautiful, streamlined sports car and seeing a shining, V12 engine. It’s impressive. And it works.

Drive increased SAP HANA performance and security  

Here’s a couple of examples of what you’ll see when you visit our booth:

HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA®: Certified in sizes ranging from 128GB to 3TB, these complete systems allow you to harness the power of in-memory computing with SAP HANA applications for real-time business results with the scalability, flexibility, and performance you expect as your business grows. It accelerates time-to-value with simple manageability and seamless integration along with the unified solution support that offers peace of mind.

HP ConvergedSystem 900 for SAP HANA: These systems reflect the deep, cooperative engineering expertise built up over 25 years of HP/SAP partnership. They are pre-built, factory-integrated systems that are designed for high performance, built-in high availability (HA), and unmatched scalability in a single in-memory pool ranging from 6TB to 12TB. They’re designed to power the most demanding SAP HANA applications to enable real-time data access to deliver the insight you need to quickly respond to business needs, market trends, and competitive threats.

HP Solutions for SAP HANA Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI): TDI stands for Tailored Datacenter Integration and describes the SAP program that allows HANA customers to leverage existing hardware and infrastructure components for their HANA environment, instead of installing an appliance. But when you hit performance or capacity boundaries, you want a fast, easy way to expand to meet demand. HP has a full portfolio of certified SAP HANA TDI Compute Blocks that you can simply add to your existing infrastructure to enhance performance, reliability, serviceability, and availability.

HP Fortify Static Code Analyzer (SCA): Resold by SAP under the name SAP Fortify by HP, HP Fortify SCA scans source code, identifies root causes of software security vulnerabilities, and correlates and prioritizes results—giving you line–of–code guidance for closing gaps in your security. It helps verify that your software is trustworthy, reduce costs, increase productivity, and implement secure coding best practices.

Real-world SAP HANA on HP  

During the SAP TechEd 2015, you’ll also have the opportunity to chat to both customers and partners who are using SAP HANA solutions running on HP systems. On Wednesday, October 21st at 2:00 pm, come along and here how Deloitte is transforming the way it uses analytics with HP ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA to achieve better, faster business outcomes. And then take the opportunity on Wednesday the 21st of October (Bellini room 2103) to speak to Christopher Dinkel from Deloitte and Manoj Suvarna from HP to find out how the Deloitte/HP/SAP partnership can do the same for you.

I look forward to meeting you. Don’t forget to drop in and say “Hi” at Booth #140 and be part of the Tweeter promotion #HPatTechED

Follow me at @Fleischmantweet to stay up-to-date.

To find out more or register for SAP TechEd 2015, visit sapteched.com.

For more information on HP and SAP HANA, visit hp.com/go/sap.

Steven Fleischman is a member of the HP Corporate Strategic Alliances team as a Microsoft and SAP Evangelist. He has been at HP for 10 years in various marketing, business development, and channel program roles working with Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP. Steven attended Syracuse University and St. John’s University and has a BS in Marketing with a focus on International Marketing.

Secure your diverse and highly accessible applications with SAP Fortify

0 Kudos
About the Author

ken-adams

I thoroughly enjoy writing about HP and the synergies with our Alliance Partners.