1748268 Members
3589 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MOVE DATA FROM eva5000 to xp128

hua_1
Frequent Advisor

MOVE DATA FROM eva5000 to xp128

i have 2 alpha gs160 running oracle ops with eva5000,now plan to replace eva5000 with new xp128.
how to move data including oracle server from eva5000 to xp128 without reinstalling operating system.
I HAVE A plan :
1. connect xp128 to alpha system first, and config the same LUN as the EVA5000 system.
2. copy the oracle server to the relative crespondent
5 REPLIES 5
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Hi,
if you can configure on xp128 the same LUNs as the eva5000 systems, you can configure the same LVM volumes. Then you can copy the volumes using dd command.

Regards,
Zygmunt
hua_1
Frequent Advisor

hi,
thank u for ur suggestion. one more question:
this is a cluster sytem, after i copy the volumes using dd command and replace the eva5000 with xp128, the cluster cannot work. how to adjust the system volums config so as to make the cluster working. oracle config should be adjusted?

Regards,
Zygmunt
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you are working with a Tru64 Unix cluster. It uses persistent LUN binding based on the LUN's WWN. A simple copy, as you have found out, obviously does not work.

I know from my colleagues that this is described somewhere in the documentation, bceause they have done it a few times. Please make sure that you have a *good* backup before you start. If you like to try it on your own, be prepared to restore your system environment from scratch.

If you are not familiar with it, can not try it out somewhere else first and this is a mission critical system - see if you can get local help from someone who is experienced.
hua_1
Frequent Advisor

hi,Uwe Zessin , thank u for u suggestion;
i am not familiar with it, but i had to do it. could u please give me more detailed guide to do it.we buy a new xp128 to replace the old eva5000.
hua_1
Frequent Advisor

hi,could u please give the informantion about the "documentation" mentioned by ur colleagues.