Announcements
1748266 Members
3745 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Changes to File Attachment Security Policy on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Changes to File Attachment Security Policy on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Security standards are always changing, driven by increased activities aimed at unauthorized access to online resources. This requires us to re-define the file formats that can be uploaded directly to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community. The growth of online document and media repositories has made it possible for users to safely store all of their documents and media in central, secure locations.

One of the primary methods of transmission of malware is through placing a virus or other malicious content in an attachment to either an email or a posting to an online site. For example, a .zip file give us (and our members) no idea of its contents.

Another reason to use an online document repository is version control. Posting copies of a document to multiple sites is risky, because changes made to the original are rarely cascaded to the copies; many times, the author doesn't even know where copies of his or her original reside.

A secure document repository will have the correct tools to ensure your protection, as well as the protection of anyone who clicks the link from a community post. Therefore, posting a file attachment on a secure document repository, then linking to it via the URL tool in the Editor, more effieciently and securely makes it available to the forum post.

warren_80x80.jpgThanks,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

8 REPLIES 8
OlaBerggren
Honored Contributor

Re: Changes to File Attachment Security Policy on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Hello

I have read this post but did not get certain what the actual change is? Is it that files now should be linked to other files sharing services or is it that it is not longer possible to do within the community?

This is an understandable and fine policy, as long as pictures still will be stored/managed within the community! Moving pictures to an external source will lower the quality after time, when links stops working and explanations no longer are visible.

br /ola

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Re: Changes to File Attachment Security Policy on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Confirming that image files are the only files that will be stored on the Community.

MargaretN

li-kris
Community Manager

Can't argue with being more secure.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Please allow the attachment of .txt files.  These allow the original post to be smaller.

Also, while you may have heard "a picture is worth a 1000 words", it isn't worth much if I can't grep or cut&paste out of it.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I agree.  Text attachements should be allowed.  There are logs that can be many pages in length that would make the post unreadable (especially when the text isnt properly formatted).

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Damodar-Reddy
Honored Contributor

Dear Moderators,

Now this is seriously annoying interms of the better Usage vertical.

Users expect some Utilities to be loaded, which were not only useful for the topic starters & for also to all the Viewers.

If every solution is expected in words or images, there is no need of any more new registrations over the forum.

For Sample, refer the below thread. it's indirectly turning me to use the other means of data transportation of communication.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/Quality-Center-ALM-Practitioners/need-help-how-ro-export-test-plan-from-QC-12-20-to-a-excel-file/m-p/6890067#M98002

I don't understand how far this will be of benefit to the community.

I just stand on the request for it's Revoke, as it's DAMAGE seems to be more than its CURE...!!

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
Damodar-Reddy
Honored Contributor

I Understand the non responsive output, Hence  HP forum Answer would be a No for this request.

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
Damodar-Reddy
Honored Contributor

I don't want to bring the mud to walls, but just tried, so that the walls were untouchable and may not seek for alternates and can be stronger like earlier & ever..!!

Never mind, will keep replying